10130 Sleep Battery Drain

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by chevypad, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I finally took the plunge and installed W10 on my dell - I'd cracked the screen on my 1st V8P, and touch stopped working, but now have a new one from Ebay bargain. So far it seems all normal. But I noticed on both - both have 10 now, one mouse, one touch - battery dies atrociously fast. And the new one could be hardware, except for the powercfg reports saying software.

Sleep study says that my wifi isn't turning off for the whole sleep - despite the setting telling it to. The phases activating it are Spartan browser and "Windows default lock screen".

Additionally, an old problem comes up - the audio driver, according to energy, is preventing sleep mode. Muting removes this.

I've reinstalled wifi, and I'm done updating stuff (thought OneDrive downloads were culprit earlier).

What gives?

I need to power on the original cracked one to test it out too... I know it was dead (twice) when my original on 8.1 hadn't ran dead more than twice the past three months, so that suggests the tests will agree - w10 is messing up somehow?

Haven't also tested without wifi yet.

2. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

What is "Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy!WindowsDefaultLockScreen"?

PLM Phase 10033 & 2020 are the "offenders". Keeps wifi on...

So confused can anyone help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.