10036 Leaked

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jhoff80, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

So there's a leaked new build today. One thing it does is give some options for switching tablet mode on or off.
    Screenshot (1).png

And I like the tile layout a little tiny bit better than that in 9926. The transparency needs a lot of work though. And I hate the recent / all apps sidebar. 8.1 had this far better.
    Screenshot (2)2.png

So far, not much other tablet improvement that I've noticed.

Edit: The tile layout is apparently tweaked based on your DPI settings. It looks like that at my preferred setting of 125%, but it's different at 150% and 100%.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    JoeS likes this.
  2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Looks like in addition to transparency they need a little background blurring for legibility, battery life be darned. Does left swipe (for task switcher) still kick full screen apps back to windowed mode?

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Definitely agree on the background blurring (or maybe just changing opacity or background darkness, but SOMETHING).

It also, annoyingly, doesn't remember the tablet mode setting after a reboot.

When in tablet mode, this build is generally launching my apps in a window at first. I have to go to task view or slide in the action center from the right before it realizes it's supposed to be in tablet mode and maximizes them.

If I understand your question right though, you're specifically going fullscreen with the app (to hide the taskbar) and then swiping from the left to use the task switcher, and then going back to the app and it's maximized but not fullscreen (aka the taskbar is visible again). If that's what you're talking about, then no, that hasn't been changed.

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That wouldn't be so bad if it recalled the window state from last use, but I'm guessing it doesn't.. yet!

Yep, that's what I meant. That problem is what's keeping Win10 from being at least tolerable. I love the left swipe 'app flipping' of Win 8.1, but if left-swipe / task-switcher / tap would bring me back to full screen Modern UI apps I could live with it. Having to hit maximize each time after a task switch would be unacceptable to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.