100 points calibration for the T902?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Kaul, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaul

Kaul Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

Lurking on the internet, I ran into guides explaining how to do a 100 (or more) points calibration instead of the regular 16 on windows 8, but it only works for the Microsoft Surface's resolution (1920*1080). It should be adaptable to any screen resolution, but I have no idea how to do that, and I couldn't find a guide for this. So, does anyone know how to adapt this to the T902's screen (1600*900), or have a guide available for it? Any nice fellow willing to help me?

Guides I found for the Surface :
    Improved Pen Accuracy with a 100 Point Calibration Grid : Surface
    [HOW TO] PROPERLY calibrate your PEN and fix those stupid corners (273 test points) - xda-developers

2. Deathangel

Deathangel Scribbler - Standard Member

The values after "XGridPts=" and "YGridPts=" are just vertical and horizontal pixel locations. so adjust them with something sensible for the 1600x900 resolution and you are good to go. Divide X and Y by 1.2 and you should get the exactly corresponding values for the 900p resolution. But really, anything similar would work as well. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting - I had no idea this kind of calibration was possible. I think I'll give it a try sometime this weekend.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

please let me know your results. Curious to see if this would reduce edge acceleration by compensating for it? otherwise 16 points is good enough for getting the cursor quite accurate everywhere else for me. I only experience edge drift and jitters on the landscape Left and Right sides.

Also, if one of you comes up with a really nice 100 point calibration could you copy your numbers here for us to paste into ours to see for ourselves?

5. cleft

cleft Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Deathangel

Deathangel Scribbler - Standard Member

I think this "trick" has been posted in every penabled tablet subforum. :D I have used it for the Ativ Pro after seeing it in the Surface Pro forum (discussion and/or hints thread, can't remember). It works slightly better than the normal calibration in the corners for me. Some people in the SP forum have said it has helped them, others like the default calibration more. YMMV. :)

7. stoneseeker

I'm completely terrified to try it, honestly. I want someone else to be the guinea pig!

8. Kaul

Kaul Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, gave it a try, more than one actually, and it works neatly.

A 100 or 200 points calibration takes time, but not so much. Just double-check each point before getting to the next because you don't want to redo the whole calibration just for one or two!
    The results are worth it, I would say. The only part of the screen where I can still notice the pointer being slightly off are the corners, and when I say slightly, I mean it.

For anyone curious, here are the calibration settings I entered for my T902, It's a 169pts calibration :
    tabcal devicekind=pen lincal novalidate XgridPts=10,75,150,225,300,375,450,525,600,675,750,825,890 YgridPts=10,60,160,320,480,640,800,960,1120,1280,1440,1540,1590
    Make sure your screen is set to portrait before using it, or just switch the X and Y axes for landscape mode.

If you ever want to reset your calibration settings after that, before doing so in the control panel, look for "LinearityData" in the registry and rename it "UserLinearityData". Otherwise, resetting the calibration settings won't do anything and you won't be able to recalibrate.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  9. stoneseeker

Your my hero.
    Gonna try this later!

10. SpiralMagus

SpiralMagus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for reporting your findings Kaul! I didn't get around to trying it yet but will attempt it sometime this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.