1-year Accidental Damage Protection Extended Service Plan for Notebook PCs

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by v0va, Apr 5, 2009.

1. v0va

v0va Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone else has this and actually used it? My computer is acting up bad and even after factory reinstall I'm still having really bad slow down issues such that boot times can take up to 10 minutes with OEM Vista installed and nothing else.

I purchased the 1-year Accidental Damage Protection Extended Service plan thankfully when I bought this pc but they notified me that completing the service repair can take about 2 weeks, which sucks.

Now I've been having problems with my TX2500z ever since I purchased it at the end of last year. My old DV6000 that I bought 2 years ago seems to run faster than my tx2500z in almost every way, which really ticks me off considering I bought the DV for 400$ on Black Friday two years ago, and my TX cost me over $1100.

I guess my question is, is there any way to exchange the TX for another HP product or anything? I'm sick of having headaches with my TX, and I can't justify the value I receive for paying such a high price. I'm sick of always trying to reformat Vista when there's a problem because there seems to be little way to fix problems such as major slow downs unless by doing a fresh install. My friend bought a Mac at the same time I bought my TX (And I do not like Mac's in any way) but the amount of problems he's been having is minimal compared to things I have to do to make this thing run.

Anyone have any opinions on what I can, and should do. That would really be helpful. I'm sick of this PC messing up right around finals time. I don't have time to spend formatting it all the time. Thanks.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Returning the PC is not likely to be covered under the accidental damage protection or any warranty HP offers, as far as i know return period is within 30 days of purchase.

That said if you are truly unhappy with the device, maybe you can have your complaint escalated up the HP support chain to management who might be able to help you in that regard.

3. Carl2000

Carl2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

If an accident should arise; such as, water spilled onto the motherboard while running on battery power only. You would be entitled to a brand new computer, right?

4. v0va

v0va Pen Pal - Newbie

^ Thats what I'm thinking...

5. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Most likely a refurb or repair.