(1) Save ea800's drawings to .png or .jpg. (2) Transmit to host OS linux?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by pavelspb, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pavelspb

pavelspb Pen Pal - Newbie

1. What is the best way to save my drawings to .png , .jpg (i hope it can help to reduce it's size comparet to .gif). Is there a port of ImageMagick console utility for the Eee Note EA800?

2. What program i should install to browse SMB/FTP resources of the network? :) I would like to drop my drawings to a linux-based machine without connecting via USB or using internal browser?

Thanks!

My specs:
    boot loader V1.0.4
    ROM V1.0.8 RU

2. eddy

eddy Pen Pal - Newbie

There is currently no way of doing so inside the device. You can, however convert them on your host machine. I prefer using this app from FastStone. I doubt there are any benefits in doing so, as current gifs don't take up THAT much space anyway.

You are on your own with this one. You can try compiling some ssh/ftp whatever server/client or, if feeling lucky, try running one of already compiled ones. (some insights that might help ya out if you do)

P.S.

You may also want to update your current firmware. The latest one has slightly improved performance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. pavelspb

eddy, thanks. Where is the central store for the firmware updates? (-;

4. eddy

eddy Pen Pal - Newbie

just install the asus eee note sync tool, and you should be able to update via it

5. pavelspb

Installed the asus eee note sync tool, pressed "check firmware updates" button, but it tells about connection error. Internet if working, don't see where is the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.