1.8" SSD for 2740P

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by robdam1001, Aug 8, 2010.

1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

Crucial 256GB owner now :D I hope that it isn't causing my this audio/video stuttering I've started to have.

2. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

Audio/video stuttering? Exactly what have you been experiencing? I have to plug in my headphones somewhat partially in to hear everything. If I don't, I can hear everything but voices, in movies, on Netflix. When I unplug the computer from the AC adapter, during games, the colors (or contrast?) sometimes fades from normal colors to a very white bright set of colors, and then back to normal (and back and forth).

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds like the power setting in the Intel GPU; pull up 'graphics properties' from the taskbar, then click on the "Power" tab and change the "On battery" setting to balanced or high performance

You will get maybe 30min to 1hr less battery life depending on what you are doing, but it will increase the quality of images on screen

As for stuttering and freezing, it may be that the OS is misaligned to the SSD (if you copied/ cloned the OS from a HDD this is quite likely, if you shrunk or changed partitions after installing it is also likely. Download and run "AsSSD" and see if it is saying it is mis-aligned or not, if it is then you should try doing a fresh install again to the SSD)... I saw speed reduction from mis-alignment on the Crucial M4 when I was playing around with different OS's on it, now it is just Win 7 on a single partition and it runs fast and smooth... not to say it couldn't be any number of other issues

4. in4mer

Here is a perfect example of what randomly happens.

Computer stuttering while watching videos - YouTube

5. Neverwinter

Neverwinter Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't get anything problem(s) like that... that definitely doesn't sound right...

6. in4mer

I think the system board was replaced and it disappeared

7. Gohar

Gohar Pen Pal - Newbie

hi plz tell me that how i can buy it ,....and tell me price of it...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  8. in4mer

1.8 ssd are expensive.

You should buy a m.2 ssd to 1.8 sata enclosure. I haven't tried it but would be cheaper than buying 1.8 if they are still available.

9. OverTallman

OverTallman Pen Pal - Newbie

If you're interested, that's what I'm using in my 2740p:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wave 128GB mSATA SSD (look in eBay) + mSATA to micro SATA adapter board + a few double-sided foam tapes, spent about £25, cheaper than a second-hand 1.8" 128GB SSD.

Remember to put some foam pads in the gap so the board will stay firmly in place.

Unlogic likes this.
  10. Gohar

Gohar Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, thanks to reply .... but i have a problem......i live in pakistan ..so i don't know how to buy from ebay... because ebay product does not receive in pakistan....plz help me about it
    i'm sending you a link plz check it and help me that if it is possible to use it then how i can buy
    may be ebay does not work in pakistan....
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-Intel-X...756381?hash=item3ac310b99d:g:nv4AAOSw~oFXLLGp

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017