Practical uses of Tablet PC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Practical uses of Tablet PC

I live in the Chicagoland area, and it was the coldest day so far. It was [I think] -9 F, needless to say my fingers were frozen by the time I got inside my campus; what did I do you ask? turn on my Tm2 and run it hard, of course. It is actually an amazingly useful hand warmer as well as being a Tablet PC.

I also use the Tm2 (with the lid closed) as a food tray quite often. either at college, or at home.-

So what have you used your tablet for?
    Last edited by Agent 9; 12-06-2010 at 12:40 PM.
    Current: HP 2730p Win 7 & Linux Mint | Toshiba M4 | Motion M1400 renice 120GB SSD | ITRONIX IX-325 | Motion F5 (U7500 update) | Fujitsu P1620 | T4220 w/SXGA+ 160GB Intel X18-M & 1TB HDD in bay | broken TC4400 [for experimentation] | i5 3570K mITX desktop w/GTX460 | ASUS N10j
    Gone but not Forgotten: HP Tm2 | HP Slate 500 | HP touchpad 32GB | 6-core desktop

All about the T5010/T900

Default Re: Practical uses of Tablet PC

Once or twice my wife has used the nice bright screen of her T5010 as a light box to trace small detail work that she needed to mirror on two sides of an illustration.

Fujitsu T5010
    - C2D 2.4GHz / 4GB DDR3 / 160GB X25-M G2 SSD / Windows 7 Pro 32-bit
    Used for Photoshop illustration - see the results at LunaKenei at deviantART

Tablet Lead Mod (Retired)

lol @agent9

I do not respond to PM's or emails for personal support.
    Please direct your queries to the appropriate forums, our community is willing & able to help!

Scribbler - Standard Member

The Display on my Xybernaut T-HB makes a really good flash light.
    Tablets are FUN to use and a challenge to master.
    cgrape2

I used my 12" tablet with MS streets and trips has a massive GPS device.

But can't beat a handwarmer though, thats ingenious.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

hrm....besides the obvious, I guess you can say I used as an excuse for playing games in my economics class - I told the professor I was writing notes, (alt-tabbed to one-note) and showed him the stylus.
    Current: T902 13.3" | i5 3320m 2.6Ghz | 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 PC12800 |Crucial M4 256GB SSD
    Backup: T5010 13.3" | P8600 2.4Ghz | 4GB Ram | 320gb HDD| W7

Serious usage: I use it to take notes since I take engineering classes and it's a b****h to type in formulas and symbols.

At an ESL class I teach part-time, I also connect it to a projector and write stuff since I can't stand chalk.

Not-so-serious usage: comic reading! It's nice to have a 12-inch-sized comic sometimes in the bus.

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

I have downloaded pdf versions of books from Google Books and use PDF Annotator to highlight sections in my ongoing research projects. I then use OneNote 2010 to track the notes and references, and I am writing papers and a book in Word 2010.

I have also used my tablets (the 2730P, LS800, TC1100, and P1620, and I am looking forward to using the the new T580) in my motorhome to:
    - act as a big GPS with Streets&Trips running and a BT GPS receiver
    - play my music collection through the stereo using WMP and the headphone jack as a digital jukebox
    - connected my external DVD drive and played movies on the monitor in the overhead (and the sound through the stereo) while still using the main screen for moving map GPS tracking
    - my wife has taken the device off the dash to update documents via a thumb drive while underway

The touch features of the T580 should make the jukebox and GPS functions more enjoyable! I am also exploring the possibility of a wireless (possibly BT) camera to act as a rear video camera for backing up and monitoring the 'toad' in the back!
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    *New* ThinkPad i7 Helix (on order) - phenomenal cosmic power
    HP Elitepad 1000 - my main device
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device (I cannot believe where I can stick this thing)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

haha, I didn't know this thread was active at all (that is good to see). some interesting things you guys are doing with your Tablet PC's

Since I got my 2730p, I have used the slim dock as a "backing" to put my small workbooks on top of so I can comfortably write on them (either during classes, or at home). It is just excellent like this because it has a "bumped out" side that makes a good handle of sorts, and it is VERY sturdy (only issue is I have large hands, so the docking connector is right where I want to put my fingers; but it is still very usable)

Man, oh, man is the 2730p with its accessories light years ahead of my Tm2 in terms of usability and versatility
    Current: HP 2730p Win 7 & Linux Mint | Toshiba M4 | Motion M1400 renice 120GB SSD | ITRONIX IX-325 | Motion F5 (U7500 update) | Fujitsu P1620 | T4220 w/SXGA+ 160GB Intel X18-M & 1TB HDD in bay | broken TC4400 [for experimentation] | i5 3570K mITX desktop w/GTX460 | ASUS N10j
    Gone but not Forgotten: HP Tm2 | HP Slate 500 | HP touchpad 32GB | 6-core desktop

Pen Pal - Newbie

I had laryngitis once and used it to communicate to people.

Thread Information