Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

  1. #1
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Lightbulb Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    I've only had my duo 11 for 2 months and a lot of problems has arise from this product.

    1) My cursor sometimes automatically goes to the top left of the screen and left clicks by itself( Annoying because it clicks on the back button on chrome which stop me from enjoying youtube videos or reading the news)
    2) The touchscreen accuracy is absolutely horrible Example1: When I'm on google and i try to tap on the type text field it somehow clicks Gmail,Drive,Translate(Above the search bar on google).
    Example2: When I'm trying to close an app by using my fingers and dragging the top part of the screen towards the buttom, it never works unless i constantly calibrate it everytime i use
    it.
    3)Battery life literally sucks! I'm only getting 3hours max. I know you can get a battery sheet but that just increases the weight so much that my duo doesn't even feel like a tablet and more like a laptop.
    4)CPU underclocking by itself: I already went to the power options and set it so the minimum processing speed is at least 70% 2.3Ghz but when ever i game (with battery) it underclocks to 0.7Ghz UNLESS i sleep my duo and wake it up again. Is there a fix to this?

    I really wouldn't recommend this product to anyone to be honest. I got the 128gb i5 4gb ram version and the hard drive only gives 104gb and another 20gbs is used for windows and 30gbs for files in the program file leaving me with hardly any programs to install.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by thekiler99 View Post
    I've only had my duo 11 for 2 months and a lot of problems has arise from this product.

    1) My cursor sometimes automatically goes to the top left of the screen and left clicks by itself( Annoying because it clicks on the back button on chrome which stop me from enjoying youtube videos or reading the news)
    2) The touchscreen accuracy is absolutely horrible Example1: When I'm on google and i try to tap on the type text field it somehow clicks Gmail,Drive,Translate(Above the search bar on google).
    Example2: When I'm trying to close an app by using my fingers and dragging the top part of the screen towards the buttom, it never works unless i constantly calibrate it everytime i use
    it.
    3)Battery life literally sucks! I'm only getting 3hours max. I know you can get a battery sheet but that just increases the weight so much that my duo doesn't even feel like a tablet and more like a laptop.
    4)CPU underclocking by itself: I already went to the power options and set it so the minimum processing speed is at least 70% 2.3Ghz but when ever i game (with battery) it underclocks to 0.7Ghz UNLESS i sleep my duo and wake it up again. Is there a fix to this?

    I really wouldn't recommend this product to anyone to be honest. I got the 128gb i5 4gb ram version and the hard drive only gives 104gb and another 20gbs is used for windows and 30gbs for files in the program file leaving me with hardly any programs to install.
    Problem 1: I have the same problem with mouse cursor parking itself at top left of screen. I will get a dedicated Windows 8 mouse to see if problem persists.In the meantime I use a wired mouse and it works fine.

  3. #3
    Scribbler - Standard Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by thekiler99 View Post
    I've only had my duo 11 for 2 months and a lot of problems has arise from this product.

    1) My cursor sometimes automatically goes to the top left of the screen and left clicks by itself( Annoying because it clicks on the back button on chrome which stop me from enjoying youtube videos or reading the news)
    2) The touchscreen accuracy is absolutely horrible Example1: When I'm on google and i try to tap on the type text field it somehow clicks Gmail,Drive,Translate(Above the search bar on google).
    Example2: When I'm trying to close an app by using my fingers and dragging the top part of the screen towards the buttom, it never works unless i constantly calibrate it everytime i use
    it.
    3)Battery life literally sucks! I'm only getting 3hours max. I know you can get a battery sheet but that just increases the weight so much that my duo doesn't even feel like a tablet and more like a laptop.
    4)CPU underclocking by itself: I already went to the power options and set it so the minimum processing speed is at least 70% 2.3Ghz but when ever i game (with battery) it underclocks to 0.7Ghz UNLESS i sleep my duo and wake it up again. Is there a fix to this?

    I really wouldn't recommend this product to anyone to be honest. I got the 128gb i5 4gb ram version and the hard drive only gives 104gb and another 20gbs is used for windows and 30gbs for files in the program file leaving me with hardly any programs to install.
    1 and 2) I've owned the Duo since day one pretty much and knock on wood, I've had no screen issues with cursor or accuracy of touch.

    3. I get between 4 - 5h with the built in battery and nearly 10 with the extra. Without the extra battery it's 2.83lb vs. just over 3.5lbs with. It is evenly distributed. I hate heavy laptops and I barely notice the additional weight.
    4. I don't have any performance issues with the i7.

    As for the space, did you create a backup set and delete the restore partition? That eats up space. I'm honestly surprised people with any Windows laptop for the past few years - and I include the new Surface Pro here - think 128GB is enough. 256 isn't enough for me, let alone 128. Windows is what it is. Were you expecting less space used? That's RT, not full blown.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by akba View Post
    Problem 1: I have the same problem with mouse cursor parking itself at top left of screen. I will get a dedicated Windows 8 mouse to see if problem persists.In the meantime I use a wired mouse and it works fine.
    Well, wired mouse did not solve the problem of cursor parking at top left of screen. Got this elsewhere on the net - switch off florescent light that shine onto the screen. I did and cursor now behaves impeccably. It also means I have to work in semi-darkness with LED table-lamp pointing the othe other way. Will report again with LED light shining directly on the screen.

  5. #5
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by akba View Post
    Well, wired mouse did not solve the problem of cursor parking at top left of screen. Got this elsewhere on the net - switch off florescent light that shine onto the screen. I did and cursor now behaves impeccably. It also means I have to work in semi-darkness with LED table-lamp pointing the othe other way. Will report again with LED light shining directly on the screen.
    Try to update to these drivers:

    http://www.n-trig.com/files/Sony_Win8.zip

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by akba View Post
    Well, wired mouse did not solve the problem of cursor parking at top left of screen. Got this elsewhere on the net - switch off florescent light that shine onto the screen. I did and cursor now behaves impeccably. It also means I have to work in semi-darkness with LED table-lamp pointing the othe other way. Will report again with LED light shining directly on the screen.
    There is no problem with mouse cursor with LED light (5watt bulb) shining directly on the screen.

    sony Vaio duo 11 128gb corne i5, logitech wireless mouse and keyboard,
    dual monitor set-up via HDMI working on Word 2007

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by akba View Post
    Problem 1: I have the same problem with mouse cursor parking itself at top left of screen. I will get a dedicated Windows 8 mouse to see if problem persists.In the meantime I use a wired mouse and it works fine.
    greetings from malaysia. I have a duo 11 too and the cursor goes to the top left like your case too. I have sent it back to the service centre and they replaced a new ips lcd panel for me. fingers crossed so far it works fine. But there was once where it went haywire again by clicking itself at the bottom left. Anyone else here experiencing this problem too?

  8. #8
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by tlim4373 View Post
    greetings from malaysia. I have a duo 11 too and the cursor goes to the top left like your case too. I have sent it back to the service centre and they replaced a new ips lcd panel for me. fingers crossed so far it works fine. But there was once where it went haywire again by clicking itself at the bottom left. Anyone else here experiencing this problem too?

    Itīs a driver problem !! Please see my post above for Fix. Thereīs no need to replace the screen. A lot of users are confirming this.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    Quote Originally Posted by DeshMindER View Post
    Itīs a driver problem !! Please see my post above for Fix. Thereīs no need to replace the screen. A lot of users are confirming this.
    wow didn't know about this. but it was annoying me I really couldn't stand it so I had it changed the day after it happened. fingers crossed the new ips panel works fine. thanks for the info btw. Anyone having trouble updating their BIOS?

  10. #10
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11 Touchscreen and screen problems

    I have another issue with the duo 11. It is that i sleep my duo 11 by pressing the power button on the right side and i put it in my laptop bag. Occasionally when i take it back out of the bag i find out that the screen is lit on and my computer had been running inside my bag for hours and goes up to temperatures up to 60-70 degrees. I heard that a batteries worst enemy is heat and now I'm getting around 2hrs6mins of it which is pretty f***ed up.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1