Problems with Sony Vaio Duo 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Problems with Sony Vaio Duo 11

Hello Friends,
    Its been a month since I have had my Sony Vaio and I really want to love this machine but am having some annoying issues. I have downloaded all updates from Sony Care and also windows update. Not sure if these have already been discussed at length in the other long thread but want to find out if there is any solution to the problems below:

1) My biggest issue is the issue of double letter typing. I saw someone else also complain about it. Want to know how to get it fixed.
    2) The second most annoying thing is the scroll thing in the middle. It is hyper sensitive. I uploaded the drivers for it and it didnt help
    3) The other thing which I dont like (think this is a Windows 8 issue) is the wireless dropping. Not sure if this is only a Sony Vaio 11 issue.

Other than that I love the machine, the configuration, the screen. Please help me resolve this or else I might have to return it.

Thanks

Default Re: Problems with Sony Vaio Duo 11

Anyone? Please do let me know if you face similar issues.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by bhatia333 View Post
    Hello Friends,
    Its been a month since I have had my Sony Vaio and I really want to love this machine but am having some annoying issues. I have downloaded all updates from Sony Care and also windows update. Not sure if these have already been discussed at length in the other long thread but want to find out if there is any solution to the problems below:

1) My biggest issue is the issue of double letter typing. I saw someone else also complain about it. Want to know how to get it fixed.
    2) The second most annoying thing is the scroll thing in the middle. It is hyper sensitive. I uploaded the drivers for it and it didnt help
    3) The other thing which I dont like (think this is a Windows 8 issue) is the wireless dropping. Not sure if this is only a Sony Vaio 11 issue.

Other than that I love the machine, the configuration, the screen. Please help me resolve this or else I might have to return it.

Thanks
    I'm not having #1 or #2 (if anything I skip letters, not double them...) but I second the annoying wireless dropping issue. I don't think there is a fix out yet.

I also have a super annoying touchscreen problem where touch/pen input drops out completely for a minute or so, like the drivers crashed and reboot after a bit.

Actually, scratch what I just said about there not being a fix for #3 (wireless dropping). Did your Duo come with Kapersky? If so, try closing it, setting it to not run at startup, and restarting.

It dawned on me that I hadn't had the wireless cut out in like 2 days. I disabled the virus program just before Christmas, and some quick Google-fu showed that others had fixed the problem that way.

Edit: I'm also on the trail of the touchscreen issue. When the touchscreen freezes, if I use the hardware keyboard to disable the touchpad/nub (Fn+F1), the touchscreen unfreezes.
    Last edited by AveSharia; 12-26-2012 at 01:06 PM.

MrX
    Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the wifi dropping problem. I don't have Kapersky, I think I uninstalled it earlier. Any other ideas? If I can't fix it, then it's going back once I return to work.

Nope.. only other things I can think of are Windows Updates and Vaio Updates.

MrX
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Found this driver and it seems to have sorted my wi-fi problems.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here for WiFi dropping, very annoying, but does not happen that often, hope a new update would totally fix it.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
    Same here for WiFi dropping, very annoying, but does not happen that often, hope a new update would totally fix it.
    I had the WiFi dropping problem as well for the first two weeks. It eventually got resolved, but I'm sorry to say that I forgot what fix did it, because I've been anal about installing all available updates (Vaio, Windows, App Store and I think the same Intel driver update that MrX posted). I think in the end it was either a Vaio update or Windows update that fixed it for me. Make sure you look through the optional windows updates, because it might have been one of those!

Hello Friends,

Thanks
    I've had my duo for about 2 months now and I have experienced this problem of double letters, in my case i'ts the a. A more serious problem has now appeared. The touch screen seems to have a fault in the left top hand side. I'ts intermittently activating in this spot only. So if I have the Internet browser opened on full screen, the back arrow goes active without me touching the screen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thread Information