HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p : 32 or 64 bit ?

+ Reply to Thread
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p : 32 or 64 bit ?

first of all thank you!! i ordered what agent9 recommended :

HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p Windows 7, Notebook Tablet Dual Core 12" WiFi [51] | eBay

and it seems it works fine, great service in this forum!!!

thanks!!

now i want to install gimp, is my machine 32 or 64 bit?

greetings robozo

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: HP Compaq EliteBook 2730p : 32 or 64 bit ?

The hardware can run either version. You'll need to check and see which O.S. is installed.

Start ->Control Panel -> System

In the middle of the page it will give you the system specs and what is installed.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I don't know what you want to do in GIMP (drawing, photo editing, text art, ect...), but I've found it very lacking for digital drawing; I know I recommended it in a thread by 'Boots' recently, but if you haven't seen it then I'd recommend you give 'My Paint' a spin (its a nice well featured drawing program that's free opensourced) and the brush engine isn't bad at all

You will have to be sure you have a recent Wacom Driver installed, Drivers | Wacom Americas
    Current: HP 2730p Win 7 & Linux Mint | Toshiba M4 | Motion M1400 renice 120GB SSD | ITRONIX IX-325 | Motion F5 (U7500 update) | Fujitsu P1620 | T4220 w/SXGA+ 160GB Intel X18-M & 1TB HDD in bay | broken TC4400 [for experimentation] | i5 3570K mITX desktop w/GTX460 | ASUS N10j
    Gone but not Forgotten: HP Tm2 | HP Slate 500 | HP touchpad 32GB | 6-core desktop

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 9 View Post
    I don't know what you want to do in GIMP (drawing, photo editing, text art, ect...), but I've found it very lacking for digital drawing; I know I recommended it in a thread by 'Boots' recently, but if you haven't seen it then I'd recommend you give 'My Paint' a spin (its a nice well featured drawing program that's free opensourced) and the brush engine isn't bad at all

You will have to be sure you have a recent Wacom Driver installed, Drivers | Wacom Americas
    mmmh. ok, i guess ill have to check it out, im a illustrator,a drawer, so i want do do digital paintings, airbrush etc.so far gimp seemed allright...

Thread Information