01-15-2012, 10:25 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Vallejo, CA
- Rep Power
Asus ep121 touch AHK setup on convertible?
I recently saw that the user-modifiable touch sensitive Autohotkey program they are using on the ep121 for art (and everything else) was ported to the Samsung S7. Then I had a brainstorm! This should mean that it could be used on any touch sensitive computer where the user would like more buttons. It looks like an amazingly useful program in a world where hardware buttons (even on convertibles) is increasingly rare, and often in the wrong location.
Why not use this program on a touch sensitive convertible? Has anyone done that yet? It sort of make touch enabled convertibles much more attractive.Currently own:
x200t Superbright Outdoor-- 128 gb Intel ssd, 8 gb ram, Win7 64bit, 8 and 4-cell batteries
le1600 VA -- XP, 2 gb ram, art slate for my daughter and nieces
Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700, le1700 VA, le1700 UVA, X200t Superbright, X201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, Motion j3400
Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics
01-15-2012, 06:32 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Rep Power
Re: Asus ep121 touch AHK setup on convertible?
Hey Steve B,
I think it may be possible to get it to work on most tablets. If I am not mistaken, Google translation of posts 12 and 13 of the developer's Japanese blog seem to suggest that it also works on the tm2. See here:
I have exchanged e-mails with him and on his blog he developed three different tools in order to make it work on systems other than the EP121. So he seems to be very interested in helping others making it work on their system. And since he's been very receptive to the S7 users recently, maybe now's a good time to contact him.
Here is what I think needs to be done:
1) Just send him an e-mail (his name is koide, he can read write in Japanse and English), his address is available on his blog, or post on his blog telling him which tablet you are using.
2) While waiting for his reply, you could always try the tools that he developed for the tm2 or the Samsung S7. To do this:
- Download the original script at the top of the page where it says "English version can be downloaded here":
- Make sure you have the right version of AHK installed:
- Follow the instructions on post 12 of his blog to change the MaxRaw values (i.e. you'll need to download and run the first ahk script of post 12, then change the values in the second ahk script in post 12, and substitute this file for the file of the same name in the orginal download.
- Are the buttons responsive once you laucnh the script?
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)