Mozilla Firefox 3.5 V.S. Internet Explorer 8 - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which Web Browser do you primarily use on your laptop/tablet PC?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

9 12.00%
  • Mozilla Firefox

49 65.33%
  • Google Chrome

16 21.33%
  • Opera

9 12.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.5 V.S. Internet Explorer 8

Ohhh.... man.... so many opinions I'm struck!
    Currently using FireFox

but I'm thinking of Chrome or Opera now.... i can't make the final decision...
    What I'm reading is that Chrome is fast and more secure (Pwn2Own Chrome only unhacked) but i don't really uses gmail...

My priority list is:
    1. Fast
    2. secure
    3. display space
    4. extension
    Toshiba M700, T8300 @2.40GHz, 2GB RAM, 320 GB, Touch+Pen, Windows 7, FireFox Ads Blocker + NoScript, Office, OneNote

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Opera 10.5 is the fastest browser at the moment, one of the most secure ones, too and allows you to customize the UI to maximize usable space, especially because the good mouse gesture integration you really can hide almost all buttons
    Extensions, well, I think there is FF number one, you can add a lot of useful things to Opera via JS and Style sheets, too, like Ad blocker, Flashblocker, ...

I have never tried Chrome, and won't do it in the near future because Opera works perfectly for me and I also use Opera Mail since Thunderbird destroyed my account several times.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried Opera but then uninstalled it. The browser was fast and I really like its UI. However, it doesn't support pen input at all. I have to go back to IE for full TIP support. On my regular laptop the default browser is Firefox.

Banned

Opera is the best Browsing Software..

HP tm2 user

Quote Originally Posted by destinyking View Post
    Opera is the best Browsing Software..
    I use Opera in my PC... but in my tabletpc (hp tm2) in slate mode i can't use my fingers for vertical scrolling. In Firefox, Chrome (and IE) is possible... ¿why?

Thanks.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I like chrome and have a lot of addins to make it just right, but I CAN'T SCROLL DOWN W/ My Fingers, and that's a big problem, therefore, I went back to firefox, which is my all time fav.

If anyone has gotten the finger scrolling to work on chrome, let me know.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hrshycro View Post
    I like chrome and have a lot of addins to make it just right, but I CAN'T SCROLL DOWN W/ My Fingers, and that's a big problem, therefore, I went back to firefox, which is my all time fav.

If anyone has gotten the finger scrolling to work on chrome, let me know.
    Have you tried the ChromeTouch addon I mentioned in this thread? It's not perfect, because it doesn't differentiate between pen and touch, but it's decent enough.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually just searched for a touch add-in the other day and nothing came up, most likely because it's combinded with chrome. I got it and it works good, not as well as firefox, so I'm stuck inbetween; I like firefox's addons better, but chrome is faster and doesn't freeze up as much, but it has huge memory leaks, sadly.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Opera is the perfect browser for a tablet PC, because of the easy and fully customizable UI and the perfectly working and easy to customize mouse gestures. This allows you to maximize the working area while still having access to all features.
    It's my main browser and I prefer it over Firefox, because FF is slow and you have to install a lot of plugins to get everything Opera already has included. Internet Explorer, well, I use it sometimes for some IE specific webpages like msn skydrive. Else it's a rather slow browser with almost no features.
    Chrome, I've never used it and never will. 1.) It's made by Google and spies you with the default settings 2.) It's fast, but that's all. And a browser needs more than just to be fast.

And if Opera 10.1 isn't fast enough for you, then try the latest Opera Alpha which uses a new JS engine which should be really really fast, it also uses the Chrome style with the title bar, which gives you even more usable area.
    I used Opera briefly and found it very quirky. I use Firefox 3.6 and IE 8 (less frequently). I usually do not want to use browsers in which I cannot sync bookmarks the Xmarks. I find this quite essential, I must say.

svm
    Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree with one thing that FirFox Takes a lot of memory. Thus, sometimes it ends up becoming slow. But I guess I can say that its more of a windows thing as well. I use chrome sometimes, but haven't tried opera. Overall, I guess a lot of people prefer firefox because of its plug-ins

One thing is clear from the results (so far), nobody likes IE for use on their tablet PC. I guess those who do currently use it will also switch away from it once they start using Firefox

Thread Information