Mozilla Firefox 3.5 V.S. Internet Explorer 8 - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Web Browser do you primarily use on your laptop/tablet PC?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

9 12.00%
  • Mozilla Firefox

49 65.33%
  • Google Chrome

16 21.33%
  • Opera

9 12.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.5 V.S. Internet Explorer 8

Firefox, because it has Zotero as a plugin, which is my primary PDF organization software.

Firefox is a crappy browser that loses to all the others, until you've found a plugin that you can't live without, after which you're stuck with it for life and nothing else compares.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I'd been using Firefox, and also Minefield (the Firefox pre-alphas).

However, I recently discovered the dev channel versions of Chrome better support the TIP, and also discovered the ChromeTouch extension (a Grab&Drag replacement), which means that all of a sudden Chrome fits my needs a whole lot better, which means I've been testing it for the past few days and it's working pretty well so far. I just wish that the Adblock extensions for it would prevent ads from downloading instead of preventing ads from displaying.

Pen Pal - Newbie

i primarily use FF, but i also have ie8, chrome and opera. i like opera, but it is not as intuitive or easy to use - for example, trying to get a mass downloader to work has proven a challenge. chrome has been a little buggy and the lack of extensions has been annoying, but they're rolling them out quicker now. ie8 runs sloooooooow.

i'm perfectly happy w/ FF, but if you open and close a lot of tabs it does not release the memory. i generally do not turn my tablet off, just hibernate it, or FF for days up to a week or two. FF begins to use mass amounts of memory and if i close it and restart it back to where i left off, using session manager, it takes up a lot less memory, sometimes as much as 50% less.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by svm View Post
    Before getting my Tablet PC, I always used Mozilla Firefox. I just liked it better. I found it to be more stable and faster.

Now, with the tablet PC and windows 7 on hand, I tried using the Internet explorer 8. But I still like Mozilla Firefox. Check out some of the apps for Mozilla such as Cooliris.

With that being said, what do Tablet PC users usually prefer. Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox (or something else)? And why?

Care to share your thoughts/experience/opinion?
    I use Firefox simply because of certain add-ons, not because the browser is anything spectacular. Be aware that Firefox uses a lot of resources and makes laptops run hotter because of this.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey how are we all doin
    I normally use Firefox it is much faster than when i have to use IE8. I wish I could find the panning hand in IE8 perhaps i would use it more. Its just not there and Microsoft support and the web haven't been able to help ( sigh ) life can be so cruel sometimes (smile) I have also just begun trying Opera and it is much more light weight I like they pen moments better

Thanks

Pen Pro - Senior Member
    179 56′ 39.4″, +0 2′ 46.2″, 7940 420 parsecs from center of galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteglue View Post
    Hey how are we all doin
    I normally use Firefox it is much faster than when i have to use IE8. I wish I could find the panning hand in IE8 perhaps i would use it more. Its just not there and Microsoft support and the web haven't been able to help ( sigh ) life can be so cruel sometimes (smile) I have also just begun trying Opera and it is much more light weight I like they pen moments better

Thanks
    It is there. I've replied to your question Your thread

Btw I've just figured that I can't find panning hand on my XP IE8 (non-tablet edition), but it is there on my Vista/7 Installation. Since you were asking on Windows 7 forum, so it supposed to be available on your IE8.
    Last edited by RazzNuts; 03-08-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    -RaZZ

Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 [Stolen]
    HP Elitebook 2740p / Core i5 / 8GB RAM / Pen-Only / Gobi 2000 3G Module/ Win8 Pro
    Dell Venue 8 Pro
    / 64 GB / Pen-less until new revision available

Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe no Opera user will deny that the main problem they will often encounter when using Opera is the site compatibility. Opera is strictly following W3C standard, whereas unfortunately not all webdevs do that. Not to mention Opera user base wasn't that large in the past, so many webdev didn't bother to check whether their site works on Opera.
    Last edited by TabbedOut; 03-08-2010 at 02:23 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member
    179 56′ 39.4″, +0 2′ 46.2″, 7940 420 parsecs from center of galaxy

Umm.. any explanation why part of my post got copy-pasted into your post @Adrien?

or perhaps @tabbedout who has done the editing?
    Last edited by RazzNuts; 03-08-2010 at 03:06 AM.
    -RaZZ

Fujitsu LifeBook T5010 [Stolen]
    HP Elitebook 2740p / Core i5 / 8GB RAM / Pen-Only / Gobi 2000 3G Module/ Win8 Pro
    Dell Venue 8 Pro
    / 64 GB / Pen-less until new revision available

Pen Pal - Newbie

chrome on my tablet!

with tablet every space counts, less board much better

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Navi View Post
    Firefox is the best browser among all. its features are awesome and browsing speed is great. and many popular plug-ins are available for firefox.
    For me personally, the reason I stopped using Firefox isn't because it's a bad browser, but because it's a sluggish memory hog if you like to keep it open in the background for a while.

One of my tablets only has 1.5GB, so an app that's taking 700MB of RAM at times won't work for me.

Thread Information