XP vs. XP Tablet

+ Reply to Thread
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default XP vs. XP Tablet

I'm new to tablets (I have my first, FJS T4220, for 2 weeks) and would like to know the difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Tablet Edition. (I got the tablet with Vistas and I'm thinking about downgrading - so far I'm not too satisfied with the performance.) Would installing Windows XP mean losing all the tablet features? What if I install XP and add the drivers for tablet buttons, Wacom pen digitizer etc., will the tablet work like a tablet? Why am I asking: XP Tablet Edition doesn't have my language version, and getting the XP recovery CD for downgrade would be a little complicated here.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: XP vs. XP Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Selina View Post
    I'm new to tablets (I have my first, FJS T4220, for 2 weeks) and would like to know the difference between Windows XP and Windows XP Tablet Edition. (I got the tablet with Vistas and I'm thinking about downgrading - so far I'm not too satisfied with the performance.) Would installing Windows XP mean losing all the tablet features? What if I install XP and add the drivers for tablet buttons, Wacom pen digitizer etc., will the tablet work like a tablet? Why am I asking: XP Tablet Edition doesn't have my language version, and getting the XP recovery CD for downgrade would be a little complicated here.
    Going with a regular XP, you'll lose all tablet functionality, including Tablet Input Panel. You can't add that to XP using driver installations.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: XP vs. XP Tablet

I think the drivers for the WACOM digitzer will work, so you can still use the pen, but you loose the Tablet Input Panel and writing recognition and maybe a lot of other features, which are only available for the Tablet Edition

If you have the english XP Tablet Edition then you could get/buy/wathever the Windows XP MUI Pack And after that install the Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Pack

Thread Information