Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T factory reset

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T factory reset

I am trying to do a factory reset on my ATIV 500T but it is asking me to insert media. This is tablet and obviously doesn't have a cd drive. I don't have anything to install. Anyone have any suggestions on how to factory reset this without media or to bypass that request.

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T factory reset

I had the same problem but it ended up I had to send it for service. First they say it needs re-image, it's a software problem and it's not under warranty then it turns out for me that it's a hardware problem and that is under warranty.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
    I had the same problem but it ended up I had to send it for service. First they say it needs re-image, it's a software problem and it's not under warranty then it turns out for me that it's a hardware problem and that is under warranty.
    That is unacceptable. Extremely unacceptable.

As someone who is very capable of installing Windows, I'd be really mad if Samsung told me that I had to send it to them, and on top of that, pay them to do it for me.

This pisses me off to no end. Although there are ways to clean install Windows, Samsung should NOT be telling people it will cost money to re-image a device.

Quote Originally Posted by amdhunter View Post
    That is unacceptable. Extremely unacceptable.

As someone who is very capable of installing Windows, I'd be really mad if Samsung told me that I had to send it to them, and on top of that, pay them to do it for me.

This pisses me off to no end. Although there are ways to clean install Windows, Samsung should NOT be telling people it will cost money to re-image a device.
    Tell me about it! I was so pissed but I had to send it in anyways because it would not boot up. I told them that I didn't put in the windows 8 software they did, they didn't care! Samsung's customer service is not very good.
    I finally got my tablet back from repair, the repair center lost my S-Pen!!! I had to call the customer service and wait another hour for someone to deal with my "problem" and that's another 3-5 days for them to send it to me!!! I just want to SCREAM!!! I will NEVER buy from Samsung AGAIN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyzard View Post
    I am trying to do a factory reset on my ATIV 500T but it is asking me to insert media. This is tablet and obviously doesn't have a cd drive. I don't have anything to install. Anyone have any suggestions on how to factory reset this without media or to bypass that request.

Thanks.
    I hope this answers all of your questions. It is a lot easier than you might think to reset to factory settings. First bring ip the onscreen keyboard. Once it is up, press the shift key. The shift key should be highlighted. Now press the power button that should be located in the bottom left hand corner. You now have a few options. Select reset, it will ask you if you would like to simply reset your computer or to erase all files. Select the option to erase all files, the reboot should take about 30 minutes but your samsung is now reset to factory settings.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bigliljoe View Post
    I hope this answers all of your questions. It is a lot easier than you might think to reset to factory settings. First bring ip the onscreen keyboard. Once it is up, press the shift key. The shift key should be highlighted. Now press the power button that should be located in the bottom left hand corner. You now have a few options. Select reset, it will ask you if you would like to simply reset your computer or to erase all files. Select the option to erase all files, the reboot should take about 30 minutes but your samsung is now reset to factory settings.
    The procedure, under Windows 8 is:
    1. Click on Settings (on the right Win8 tool bar)
    2. More PC settings
    3. General
    4. Reset your PC and start over

Pen Pal - Newbie

Unhappy Re: Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500T factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by bigliljoe View Post
    This did not work. Is there a way to reset the device from the initial login screen? I haven't used my device in a few months and don't remember the password. I'm trying to give it to a friend, but it's making it difficult.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
    Tell me about it! I was so pissed but I had to send it in anyways because it would not boot up. I told them that I didn't put in the windows 8 software they did, they didn't care! Samsung's customer service is not very good.
    I finally got my tablet back from repair, the repair center lost my S-Pen!!! I had to call the customer service and wait another hour for someone to deal with my "problem" and that's another 3-5 days for them to send it to me!!! I just want to SCREAM!!! I will NEVER buy from Samsung AGAIN!!!
    In no way do I mean to call you out, but samsung did say when I sent mine in to "NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE TABLET"... I didn't give them my spen because I figured they would snatch it. Still, sucks you got the shaft from them.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wyzard View Post

Thanks.
    I had the same problem and the solution was made doing this.

Refresh or Reset Windows 8 without Installation Disk

Previously I had to go to CMD and using DISKPART command, assing a letter to RecoveryImage partition.

After doing this, I select again Reset and everything goes good!

Hope it helps!

Pen Pal - Newbie

Try this link:

Refresh or Reset Windows 8 without Installation Disk

Before doing this steps, I have to use DISKPART command to assign a letter to RecoveryPartition to point the command line of this website to D:\RecoverImage for example.

After doing all the steps, I try Reset again and it works!

Thread Information