Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

Question Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

Has anyone opened the Ativ Pro 700t and been able to put it back together correctly as I would like to upgrade the SSD to 256GB mSATA? It is not like the previous Series 7 from what I can tell in other disassemble threads. Thank you in advance for any help.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

I'm wondering the same thing. I have one in my hands and it doesn't seem like it is at all user serviceable. Searching the net haven't found anything about opening it up or replacing the battery....I guess this thing hasn't been out long enough. I thought the user manual may mention how to remove the battery for disposable, but it just says to call customer service when the thing stops charging....not helpful at all.

If there is no hope of replacing the battery, I think I will be returning it.

The 64 GB memory is a eMMC chip incorporated into one the circuit cards, it is not an SDD unit that can be switched.

You can get a Service Manual from Samsung Parts, Accessories, DLP TV Lamp, Remote Controls, AC Adapters for about $40 (includes $13.25 S&H!!!). Part of the manual is a rehash of the User Guide you get with the PC. It contains instructions on the disassembly with many photos (small and poor quality). You need a special Disassembly Jig (Jones-700TC COMMON) to pop the back off. Instructions are given where to begin popping open the back along the edges.

The PC contains two separated batteries wired together. It seems batteries last a long time. I never met anyone who has had to replace them in their iPad 1's. Even Apple requires you let them do the service.

I too was hoping to upgrade the memory by SDD replacement.

I think you may be referring to the older 700t as the ATIV Smart PC Pro 700t just came out in the last couple of months and I do not see any parts listed on the website you noted for the XE700T1C model which is the one in question. If I am mistaken, please correct me, FYI, I have the Pro version which has 128GB SSD in it.

Quote Originally Posted by wirecuttr View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing. I have one in my hands and it doesn't seem like it is at all user serviceable. Searching the net haven't found anything about opening it up or replacing the battery....I guess this thing hasn't been out long enough. I thought the user manual may mention how to remove the battery for disposable, but it just says to call customer service when the thing stops charging....not helpful at all.

If there is no hope of replacing the battery, I think I will be returning it.

I have a 500T and was referring to the Service Manual for it. I see that you can also get one for the 700T (several model numbers listed) from Samsung Parts, Accessories, DLP TV Lamp, Remote Controls, AC Adapters. The manual looks like it is a standard format with details filled in for a specific model. I am assuming the 700T also uses eMMC memory chips. Perhaps I am wrong and the 700T uses SDD drives.

Hello,

can anyone help me in knowing if this tablet can do voice call? I want to get the 3g and 4g version and use viber, and what's up with it. I can't find anywhere in the specs the band for this tablet. I hope it is not for data only.

Thanks.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm pretty sure it will be for data only...but the apps you mentioned only use data...Skype will also obviously work on windows 8.

rpo
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

You absolutely can upgrade the SSD with any mSATA SSD on the 700t. I know this because I upgraded mine already...

Exclamation Re: Ativ 700t Question - Anyone open the unit yet?

Could you share how you opened the unit? Again this is for the new ATIV Pro 700t running Win 8 Pro x64 , the XE700T1c model.

I'm pretty sure it will be for data only...but the apps you mentioned only use data...Skype will also obviously work on windows 8.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know the fequency of the 3g and 4g. I live in United Arab Emirates so I want to make sure that the data is working here.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Thread Information