Clock App and ToDo App, Samsung Series 7 Slate

+ Reply to Thread

Default Clock App and ToDo App, Samsung Series 7 Slate

Hello, I did a fresh install of Windows 7 on my new slate and it did not come with a recovery partition. I installed all the drivers and the Easy Settings tool and the Play Touch Launcher. Easy Software Manager will not install and I repeatedly get the error "unsupported model." I've searched through this forum and have tried to locate the PATCH_XXXXX.XML file in the Program Data directory but it does not exist. Only two small .db files that look like Easy Software Manager logs show up in the directory.

Any chance someone can provide me with the orcaservice.samsung.com link to download the Clock and ToDo App? Or instructions on how to query that web service? I'm not really interested in the other apps but those empty spots on the Touch Launcher are driving me crazy!

Thanks!

Super Moderator

Default Re: Clock App and ToDo App, Samsung Series 7 Slate

<<...Easy Software Manager will not install and I repeatedly get the error "unsupported model."...>>

krop: Regarding the reinstallation of Easy Software Manager, see this discussion thread:

Samsung Easy Software Manager not updating

Although I have not seen that error before, the reinstallation may be failing for other, non-obvious reasons. Try downloading the current copy of ESM from the Samsung Support page and see if it will install. Note that you might be trying to install the 64-bit version of ESM on your 32-bit version of Windows, or vice-versa:

Support - Tablet PCs XE700T1A | Samsung Tablet PCs

Support (hot link) > Manuals & Downloads (tab) > Software (hot link) Scroll down to find newest version of ESM for your version of Windows

<<...Any chance someone can provide me with the...link to download the Clock and ToDo App?..>>

That may not be necessary. This is going back a bit, but when I first got my S7S, I think I inadvertently uninstalled one of utility apps under Touch Launcher... I think it was the Calendar. Like you, I was puzzled as to how to restore it.

What happened was that several days later, Easy Software Manager provided the app along with a couple of other software updates. At least that's what I seem to remember.

Bottom line is that I would periodically open ESM over the next few days and see it doesn't fill in the Touch Launcher gaps automatically; the Touch Launcher apps on my S7S were constantly being updated / replaced over a lengthy part of last year (things have been more quiet recently).

Good luck.
    Last edited by Steve S; 10-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Steve.

Still getting the "Unsupported Model" error with the most recent versions of the Easy Software Manager for the XE700T1A-A09US. I've got to dig deeper, I bet the ESM looks for OEM/Model information in the registry or recovery partition and if it doesn't find the information it throws up that error and quits.

I really only need the clock and todo app, I don't need the ESM. I've seen folks pass out these orcaservice.samsung.com links from the XML file in the C:\ProgramData\Samsung\Easy Software Manager\ directory but that file never gets generated for me because the application quits on startup.

Super Moderator

<<...Any chance someone can provide me with the orcaservice.samsung.com link to download the Clock and ToDo App?..>>

krop: Do you have any idea which file / link you're looking for? I quickly scanned my directory last night, but didn't see a file or URL that I could associate with the Touch Launcher...

hey Steve, thank you again for the reply!

yes - I'm going off this information: Where is Swype on this tablet? where they say:

To find the correct download location, navigate to
    C:\ProgramData\SAMSUNG\Easy Software Manager, then open the PATCH_XXXXXX.XML file in Notepad.
    Look for the Swype entries, and one of them will contain the download URL
    ( http://orcaservice.samsungmobile.com...W-13533A19.ZIP ).

I don't have any XML files in that directory path. Would you mind looking? I think that file tells ESM where to download all the apps. If you have the XML file would you mind e-mailing it to me?

Super Moderator

krop: No specific promises, but I'll try to look at that directory again tonight.

Super Moderator

krop: I am sorry to report that my ESM file does not contain the URL that you are looking for. I manually inspected the XML of 21 patches and also ran a search through the entire folder (searched: BASW-135... at that point, the search returned no results). Sorry that I could not help.
    Last edited by Steve S; 10-23-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Steve, thanks for looking. There is also a Compress directory, wonder if the install files could be in there.

I got a bogus return call from Samsung support who stated the Clock and ToDo App have to be installed by their service personnel and I would have to ship my tablet back to them to do it? Too bad I got that canned response. I can't imagine those small apps are that proprietary.

Love Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by krop86 View Post
    Steve, thanks for looking. There is also a Compress directory, wonder if the install files could be in there.

I got a bogus return call from Samsung support who stated the Clock and ToDo App have to be installed by their service personnel and I would have to ship my tablet back to them to do it? Too bad I got that canned response. I can't imagine those small apps are that proprietary.
    will there be a charge?
    ASUS EP121-001A05M 64/4 Win7x64SP1 bios->modded704-Oct version

Thread Information