Touch screen not working properly - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Touch screen not working properly

after 2 days testing, I now know this is related to the 3rd party charger I just received. Everything back to normal once I unplug it.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Ad...4361209&sr=8-6

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herman000 View Post
    There is a separate thread I created for touch problems while charging. I also suspect the 3rd party charger I purchased is causing problems, since I don't seem to have the problems with the stock charger that came with my slate. I don't have the equipment here to test the 3rd party adapter. I suspect it is generating the required 19V (since the slate seems to work and charge) - but that the outputted signals may not be clean - which may be interfering with the touch hardware.

Can you clarify that the link you provided is for the charger that does NOT work with your slate?

The adapter I purchased was from the following site - and while it seemed to be working, could be the source of my touch problems.

AC Power Adapter Cord 40W for Samsung AD-4019P,PA-1400-14,100% Compatible | eBay

Pen Pal - Newbie

here's my weird addition to the screen not working posts:
    tonight i downloaded a piece of software which added some widgets to the screen (bit of eyecandy). And the touchscreen after a sleep stopped working. I couldn't use the touch login. I connected a usb mouse and was able to login. The touch was detected but it always clicked on the far left side of the screen almost under the bezel. It didn't matter where i clicked. The pen worked though.
    I restored to an earlier windows restore point, before i put te software on but it didn't work.
    I tried re-installing drivers, restoring to an earlier point, lots of things over quite a few hours.
    I decided i would have to re-install windows from scratch and co sidered windows 8 this time (I started with win8). Iread this forum about booting into te bios to fix the issue so i thought i'd give it a try before spending hours restoring windows. I couldn't remeber how to boot to the bios and ended up booting into the samsung restore software. Ineeded my mouse again to get out. I tried again and started to go to the restore again so i hard stopped it by holding the power button for 5 seconds. On thenext boot the touchscreen worked!
    Seems to be working ok again for no reason

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Herman000 View Post
    Yes, I am 99% sure it was the MS update.
    I had the same issue, but with my pen input. Did a system restore back to just before the last two MS Updates and its working again. I guess I can't complain as it is a Preview OS.
    Garth H
    San Jose, CA
    Microsoft Certified IT Professional
    http://SharePointTinkering.com/
    HP 8560w | 2720qm | 32GB DDR3 | 256 GB SSD | Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Samsung 7 Slate A04 | Win8 Consumer Preview

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Where you running Win 8 webdev?

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by timpaatkins View Post
    Where you running Win 8 webdev?
    When I use Windows 8 Dev on my Slate i get strange Touch screen behavior.
    It happens when I tap & hold on the screen, touch indicator starts blinking like if I was touching again and again at the same spot. It gets pretty hard to reach right click.

WinUnleaked

Quote Originally Posted by Valkirie View Post
    It happens when I tap & hold on the screen, touch indicator starts blinking like if I was touching again and again at the same spot. It gets pretty hard to reach right click.
    Same here on W8 Beta, we need to get some Win8 drivers for our lovely slate...

Pen Pal - Newbie

I've noticed touch input behaves really strange when my S7S is in dock and is charging at the same time. These were supposed to be 3 straight horizontal lines:

Pen input works ok though.
    As soon as I remove device from dock or disconnect the charger, everything is back to normal.
    Doesn't seem like a device issue to me, most probably some interference from the power line (we don't have a ground contact in our power outlets, probably this can be the cause).
    It just shows once again that if you've just noticed some issues with touch and don't know why it happens, make sure to exclude influence of the charger in the first place.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Valkirie View Post
    Same problem here!

Thread Information