Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 116
  1. #1
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Ok so i installed windows 8 on the tablet today, it works just fine but there are two drivers missing.

    One is an SM bus controller and another is an known device.
    Anyone knows where i can get the drivers for the tablet (even the windows 7 ones). i could not find any drivers on the Samsung website.

  2. #2
    Pen Pro - Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,252
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    SMbus controller is probably included in the Intel motherboard drivers.

  3. #3
    Love Tablet.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    2,181
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    You should be able to find the drivers..

    Support for 700T 11.6? Ultraportable Slate PC SAMSUNG
    ASUS EP121-001A05M 64/4 Win7x64SP1 bios->modded704-Oct version

  4. #4
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by CF77 View Post
    You should be able to find the drivers..

    Support for 700T 11.6? Ultraportable Slate PC SAMSUNG
    Thanks!
    This is exactly what i was looking for.

  5. #5
    Pen Pro - Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,311
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    So screen rotation and Bluetooth work out of the box with a clean Windows 8 install? Thanks!
    Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A04US 11.6-Inch Slate (128 GB, Win 7 HP)
    HP TouchSmart tm2t-1000 CTO
    HP Slate 500
    Toshiba Libretto W100
    ASUS Eee Slate EP121 64GB SSD/4 GB RAM
    Lenvo X220T ~ Core i7-2620M ~ 8GB DDR3-1333 ~ 320GB @ 7200 RPM

  6. #6
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Screen rotation is disabled in this version of windows 8. I have not tested BT yet.

  7. #7
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    The unknown device is the accelerometer and the missing SM bus device is from the chipset drivers.

  8. #8
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
    Screen rotation is disabled in this version of windows 8. I have not tested BT yet.
    Is the no screen rotation a nuisance when using the tablet?

    I am putting Windows 8 on a bootable USB as I type this and then I will put it on the Series 7 tablet I picked up from the Houston Microsoft Store today. I hope the Windows 8 is more friendly than the Windows 7.

  9. #9
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by clubtech View Post
    Ok so i installed windows 8 on the tablet today, it works just fine but there are two drivers missing.

    One is an SM bus controller and another is an known device.
    Anyone knows where i can get the drivers for the tablet (even the windows 7 ones). i could not find any drivers on the Samsung website.
    How did you install it on the tablet.. It doesn't seem to want to finish setup after resetting from Windows 7. I am going to try it once more by booting it with the USB drive, but I did not have any luck with it earlier.

  10. #10
    Pen Pal - Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Series 7, windows 8 installation and drivers

    Quote Originally Posted by menteleum View Post
    How did you install it on the tablet.. It doesn't seem to want to finish setup after resetting from Windows 7. I am going to try it once more by booting it with the USB drive, but I did not have any luck with it earlier.
    I booted off the a CD ROM to install. i made sure i take an image of my windows 7 installation before and was able to roll back using the windows 7 recovery CD and the image.

    I had some problems with windows 8 where long press = right click would not work most of the time (using my fingers, with the pen it works every time).
    I am not sure thy this is happening with touch only, i didn't have any issues with touch on the EP121...

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1