*Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread - Page 146

+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 203 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2021
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: *Official* Samsung Series 7 Slate Thread

I put Windows 8 on a usb drive. Then inside 7 pro ran setup, looked like it was installinf fine, rebooted then kept coming up with choice of: rollback, windows 8preview, or Windows 7. If I choose windows 8 it says it cannot install...
    Anyone else have this issue?
    HP TM2, HP 500 Slate, iPad 1, iPad 2, Asus EP121, Samsung Series 7 Slate, Asus TF201 Transformer Prime Champagne
    Hardcore73

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore73 View Post
    I put Windows 8 on a usb drive. Then inside 7 pro ran setup, looked like it was installinf fine, rebooted then kept coming up with choice of: rollback, windows 8preview, or Windows 7. If I choose windows 8 it says it cannot install...
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Download Win8DP image, and use Windows 7 USB DVD download tool to create a Win8 USB boot disk for it. Then use the USB boot disk to install Win8

Quote Originally Posted by agriath View Post
    Download Win8DP image, and use Windows 7 USB DVD download tool to create a Win8 USB boot disk for it. Then use the USB boot disk to install Win8
    I did but it wont boot from usb drive. I even moved usb hdd to top of boot order in bios.
    HP TM2, HP 500 Slate, iPad 1, iPad 2, Asus EP121, Samsung Series 7 Slate, Asus TF201 Transformer Prime Champagne
    Hardcore73

I am going to try again. If it doesnt work I will just make a bootable dvd.
    Hardcore73

IMPORTANT HEADS UP:

For those who purchased from the Microsoft Store, I just finished an online chat with a MS Store rep. I contacted them to be SURE that both the dock AND the keyboard would be arriving soon.

He informed me that the keyboard is NOT included, and indicated I "must have read that on some forum".

I informed him that it was on "some forum" because I posted it there, and that I have a screen shot of the conversation.

His supervisor is supposed to call me within the hour. I will update when I have more news.

~CD~

MSStoreConvoRedacted by crazydoc1, on Flickr
    Last edited by CrazyDoc; 11-01-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore73 View Post
    I am going to try again. If it doesnt work I will just make a bootable dvd.
    Turns out my USB drive was bad, I made a bootable DVD and am in the process of installing windows 8 preview now
    Hardcore73

Pen Pro - Senior Member

@CD, looks like you forgot to redact your first name, just above the last two redactions. By the way, I highly suspect that those last two redactions are covering up profanity, but I can't prove it.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    @CD, looks like you forgot to redact your first name, just above the last two redactions. By the way, I highly suspect that those last two redactions are covering up profanity, but I can't prove it.
    that makes no sense at all....if you actually read the conversation you'll see she covered up her phone number and order number......

Pen Pro - Senior Member

@nazgul That was a joke. I'll keep practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    LOL! Oh well. I suppose I can live with my first name being "out there"

Though I must admit, use of profanity was tempting, both the online and the phone conversations with the MS reps tonight were all G-rated.

I just got off the phone with a supervisor (I neglected to get his name). He was very polite and accommodating.

The net of that conversation is that he is going to be talking with his colleagues, and is going to get back to me tomorrow. He mentioned that the MS Store is not (yet, at least) carrying the S7S keyboard.

I indicated that I thought it would be reasonable to send me either the S7S keyboard (when/if it becomes available in stock @ the MS Store) or another bluetooth keyboard from the the MS Store. I suspect that they will likely be carrying the S7S keyboard in the near future, as customers will be asking for it.

I'm hoping this will all work out in the end. The gentleman on the phone was patient and respectful. In my book, that bodes well as far as getting this matter resolved in a fair manner. The inclusion of dock and keyboard (per my conversation with rep "Jayme") was what sealed the deal for me. I was planning on going with the 03 model @ Amazon prior to that.

I'll update as soon as I hear back from MS tomorrow.

~CD~
    Last edited by CrazyDoc; 11-01-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information