Comments on Profile Post by zany08

1. LeoZappa
    LeoZappa
    Hi, yes my charger is the original one coming with the GB12, it's 12V, 2.1A. I mostly solved the problem by buying a new usb cable (original Samsung, compatible with Adaptive Fast Charging). I think the problem is that sometimes the charger decides that Adaptive Fast Charging is not supported and switches to standard usb (2.0) charging.
    I would suggest you rather buy a usb Power Delivery charger.
    Apr 13, 2020
  2. zany08
    zany08
    I actually don't have the original charger and about to order the original charger online.
    Are you recommending buying a different charger? I bought and anker charger with quick charge and that still doesn't charge it properly so I think the device needs the original charger.
    Do you recommend a specific charger?
    Apr 13, 2020
  3. LeoZappa
    LeoZappa
    "Quick charge" is different from "Adaptive Fast Charging" and from "USB Power Delivery"
    I don't have any specific charger in my mind, but know that my wife's 2017 macbook charger works flawlessy on my GB12. It supports USB Power Delivery at 14.5V, 2.0 A = 29W. It's probably too expensive though.
    Apr 14, 2020
  4. zany08
    zany08
    SO i got the samsung adaptive charger specifically 2.1A and its working great!!!
    I thought I was going to have to let this device go because of not having a proper charger. Thank you for all your help!!!
    May 6, 2020