MSI Windpad 110w - Page 46

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: MSI Windpad 110w

Quote Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
    Odd, I had the same thing happen last night. All wireless devices had been turned off. I checked O-Easy and all devices were off, it was a simple matter to click them all on again but very weird.

I have had to install O-Easy so I can turn the 3G radio on and off (can't find any other way to do it which is frustrating). Everytime I turn on or let the Windpad sleep it loses connection to the 3G modem, the only way to reconnect it is to use O-Easy to turn the radio off and then on again.
    Now I think about it it might be a power issue - I'll check to make sure the modem stays awake and doesn't sleep.
    Yes - O-Easy did re-enable the bluetooth but then O-Easy caused continual crashes - If yours is ok then I am baffled why mine is having such a problem with BT.

Re the 3G turn off problem when sleeping, that is a common problem. I have a couple of laptops with 3G built in and ALL have the same issue when sleeping. I have tried the usual settings of not allowing system to power off devices etc but still no joy. I now accept that if it sleeps I need to restart the machine to get 3G working. Was speaking to another IT guy last week about this and he has the same problem. All machines are different makes. Lots on Google about this problem but never found a perfect solution.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Not sure why but I am having less issues with O-Easy under Win8 than Win7.

Too be fair though I haven't actually used Bluetooth for anything. It is just on.

Rather than restarting for waking up the 3G modem I have found you can disable and then enable the radio through O-Easy.
    I wish there was some other way to enable or disable the 3G radio but I can't find one.
    Maybe O-Easy has hooks in to the BIOS on the Windpad...
    MSI Windpad 110W
    Upgrades:
    RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333MHz (CMSO8GX3M1A1333C9)
    SSD: Crucial M4 120GB MSATA
    SD Card: Transcend 64GB SDXC (TS64GSDXC10)
    Modem: Huawei EM820W <-- bad reception, replaced with 4G USB dongle

Windows 8 RTM 64bit

Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL at your changed sig...too late for me

"SSD: Intel 310 80 GB (SSDMAEMC080G2C1) (not suitable for Windows 8)"

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WPDownUnder View Post
    LOL at your changed sig...too late for me

"SSD: Intel 310 80 GB (SSDMAEMC080G2C1) (not suitable for Windows 8)"
    Yep.
    I had a lot of trouble with the Developer Preview and never got it working.
    No one else on the forums at the time had the same issues so it was never found to be the SSD.
    I was hoping the issue would be resolved with the CP.
    MSI Windpad 110W
    Upgrades:

Windows 8 RTM 64bit

Pen Pal - Newbie

Smile Re: MSI Windpad 110w

Yep.
    I had a lot of trouble with the Developer Preview and never got it working.
    No one else on the forums at the time had the same issues so it was never found to be the SSD.
    I was hoping the issue would be resolved with the CP.
    The only good thing on my set up is that (I believe) the 120GB OCZ SSD I have has been curfufal free !
    Beginning to hate this tablet and thinking of ditching and getting an Ultra book for travel. After reinstalling win 7 I could not believe how awful and clunky it was on the tablet compared to win 8. I was relatively ok with 7 until I saw the future. Have taken my heavy weight Tecra travelling today whilst my tablet attempts another reinstal of win 8. Difference this time is I am setting up O-easy and BT etc BEFORE installing any of my software and documents. Then I can see if it is stable over a few days before spending hours installing the rest.
    Wife is threatening to flush what she calls my "Fartpad" down the toilet.
    Such Fun - anyone know where I can buy a life?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I rarely use Bluetooth, mostly just for the phone in the car.

Is there something I can test to see if my Bluetooth is working correctly?

I feel your pain Steves110W but when it is working the Windpad is pretty cool.
    MSI Windpad 110W
    Upgrades:

Windows 8 RTM 64bit

Pen Pal - Newbie

I rarely use Bluetooth, mostly just for the phone in the car.

Is there something I can test to see if my Bluetooth is working correctly?

I feel your pain Steves110W but when it is working the Windpad is pretty cool.
    Thanks for the offer - I link my Nokia E7 Phone to my laptop (and hopefully Windpad) using Nokia Ovi Suite via Bluetooth. This allows me to synchronise calendars, contacts and notes between Outlook and the phone and also to use the phones 3G data connection to give the Windpad access to the internet.
    The way to test is to link a mobile to the windpad via More Pc Settings>Devices. Also just looked in Hardware and Sound>Device Manager and under the Bluetooth all devices are now showing with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark. When I tried changing the bluetooth setting on the windpad to Discovery>Allow BT devices to find this computer and pressed Apply it says "an error occurred..... The Bluetooth device might be unplugged". Tried switching off an on BT in O-easy but no change. So it has happened again !
    Could you have a look at the above on your device and see if you get any of the same errors?
    Shame really as using my laptop all day appears so backward being limited to a trackpad or mouse to carry out any functions.
    BTW did you get your 3G sorted when thetablet sleeps and is the speed any better yet?
    Cheers

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I connected my phone to the Windpad using Bluetooth and it connected OK.

I restarted and the connections was till there.
    Then I turned pairing off on the phone and the Windpad gave it's version of a BSOD, blue screen with a smiley face!
    It restarted OK but looks like something isn't good.

Just doing some Windows updates and notices there are two Atheros ones - one for the Bluetooth and one for the Wireless.
    Maybe that will fix your problem?
    The updates were published 16/3/2012.

Edit:
    actually it seems like there is a problem with the Atheros updates - oth of them fail and won't install through Windows Update. I wonder if the Atheros website has them for download...

3G - is working very well now. I have set it to connect automatically and it does that each time the computer comes out of sleep. If I am at home or in the office the Windpad connects to the Wireless network which overrides the 3G. So far so good.
    Last edited by pox67; 03-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    MSI Windpad 110W
    Upgrades:

Windows 8 RTM 64bit

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Edit 2: went looking for the Atheros drivers but all I found were complaints about the Atheros ar9002wb-1ng that is in the Windpad. Suggestions seemed to be to get a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230. They are under $20 on Ebay, I don't have any issues with the Atheros and even I am considering getting one!
    Sometimes I wish it was harder to get the back off these things
    MSI Windpad 110W
    Upgrades:

Windows 8 RTM 64bit

Scribbler - Standard Member

Exclamation Re: MSI Windpad 110w

I never though to see so many complaints about this tab... Whats the issue?

I have been using my Pad since day ZERO it was launched with NO ISSUES. NEVER EVER seen a BSOD (just with the MSI Windows Image, reason I reinstalled it myself), not even under W8, just random freezes, I mean. even my i2600k+OCZVertex3 system crashes, what the hell.

This tablet is not a windows-install-learning-toy. I know most of you had the idea of just taking out of the box and WOW about it, but its not like that. This is not an iPad. A little work is needed for it to do what you want it to do, and I dont mean posting stuff in this forum, but REAL GOOGLING is needed.

This little pad has worked awesomely for me as a navigation device while flying using Flight Deck, as a reader, as a browser, flashing cell phones, sharing internet, using BT devices, etc etc etc.

Avoid using W8 consumer preview, as it sucks. Use the Developer preview. Don't like it? then DONT INSTALL IT, as its just a preview and is not a final and use W7 in the mean time.

Use the USB install program to perform a fresh W8 Install (google it). W8 will pretty much auto-detect all. Don't install it with any SD cards or weird USB gadgets except the USB hub, and kb (prolly you will need a Mouse if you don't know how to navigate using just a KB) Auto-rotation will work with no issues.

Drivers to Install:
    - Chipset (includes video drivers)
    - O-easy (for enabling radios)
    - WLAN
    - SD card drivers
    - GPS (mine has)

GPS doesnt work like a charm? Well.... a little googling will let everyone know this Tab uses an A-GPS module, which is so-so for 2-D navigation, but for my case, it doesnt work for 3-D aviation navigation and it wont even bother to lock a single satellite at mach .76 nor .81 (same with cell phones).

BT doesnt work like you want? Well... did I mention GOOGLE? Try this.. TOSHIBA Bluetooth Stack 8.00.03 32bit/64bit Multilanguage patch (download torrent) - TPB All problems solved.....

just give this pad a li'll love.... it deserves it, as there isn't any other compared to it almost 1 year after its debut.
    Last edited by Candanga; 03-22-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Thread Information