Advueu V800XPT-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Advueu V800XPT-2

Often overlooked in the tablet pc forums is the latest contender from Advueu the V800XPT-2. While it is not the most powerful of the lot it certainly is one of the most portable. A brillant 8.4" digitizer display, 800Mhz Transmeta Crusoe processor, 512MB of ram, 40GB hard drive, USB 2.0, VGA out, built in wifi, modem, ethernet, camera and mic all under $1000. make this tablet an excellent buy. It comes with Windows XP Tablet Edition 2005 installed, 2 leather carring portfolios; one with a USB keyboard/touchpad built in.
    The tablet is very light and ergonomic. Holding it with your left arm places the scroll buttons on the front of the tablet under your fingers and frees the right hand for writing It functions flawlessly and the WIFI is very fast. Excellent for internet browsing and powerful enough to run Adobe Photoshop CS. The 6 hour long life battery combined with the low power consuming processor add to the portability of this PC.
    Advueu aquired the tablet rights from TDV Vision. The tablet is actually manufactured by VAC Corporation.

Jerry

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I take it you work or for or represent them? It's always nice to learn about new products, I'm totally unfamiliar with this unit.

Brian

www.BargainPDA.com | www.DigitalCameraReview.com | www.NotebookReview.com | www.SpotStop.com

Pen Pal - Newbie

No, I dont work for Advueu or represent them in any way. I am a photographer and was looking for a compact tablet to upload digital images in the field.(The V800XPT-2 also has a 4 in 1 card reader built in) I did a lot of research and finally found a tablet that was affordable and functional. Since I could not find any information in the forums about it I took a chance and bought one at newegg.com for $999. (No, I don't represent them either)
    It is my first tablet PC and I am very pleased with it.

Jerry

Pen Pro - Senior Member

jerryrock,

Thanks for sharing that product. I went to the Advueu website and took a look. That is a nice looking Tablet. The low-power (long battery life) advantage and low price point could be a perfect solution for many users.

BTW, I used to live up in Saratoga, so I travel through Amsterdam often (to make my way up there). It is nice to have you join us!

Barry J. Doyle
    Editor in Chief
    TabletPCReviewSpot.com

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Advueu V800XPT-2

I have ordered my Advueu V800xpt-2 from tigerdirect.ca 3 days ago.
    This is going to be my first tablet pc.

Unfortunatelly I couldn't find any decent reviewes of this tablet anywhere, (I'm not counting older models under different names for some reason it sounded like they had problems with the drivers in the beginning until Advueu "aquired" them) and yes I'm taking my chance buying this unit.
    If there is anyone who is using it or knows if there is a user group for this model would you please post the info.

In my opinion this is the smallest one out there and reasonably priced.
    I'm planning to install MS Office with either One Note, Agilix's GoBinder or Franklin Covey's Tablet Planner. (anyone using the progs please coment on your comparison... I'm leaning towards the GoBinder)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... a fregat looks great in the harbour, but it is not what it is made for.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Monte, if you're interested in doing a full wrightup on the unit, PM me.

Pen Pal - Newbie

This is a photo of the Advueu V800XPT-2 Slate in the included keyboard/carrying case. (The other included case is without keyboard)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Jerry,

Can you tell us how you like it? If you are interested in reviewing this model, please let us know!

Pen Pal - Newbie

Barry,
    I started this thread back in March. Please read my previous posts. I don't know what more I can say about it except that I own 2 other PCs and this tablet is the one I use the most. Portability factor is the best feature along with the long battery life. I don't know why people would pay $1,800 plus for the new Motion computing 8.4" tablet, when the Advueu Tablet comes with more features and accessories. I think they have read some bad reviews about the Transmeta Crusoe processors in older configurations (256m ram). when combined with 512 MB,this processor hits it's "sweet spot!" The processors low power consumption adds to the tablet's long battery life (6 hour) and of course it's not as fast as my Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz processor, but then again I have never had a BSOD with the Advueu.
    The tablet fits easily in my camera bag and downloading pictures is a breeze. A 40 gig hard drive gives me lots of storage space. I can even run Photoshop CS on it.
    I love it!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thanks Jerry. I actually was curious to hear what you thought after having the Advueu for awhile. I appreciate you sharing.

Thread Information