Top 10 Tablet PCs of June 2007

+ Reply to Thread
    Editor/Site Admin

Default Top 10 Tablet PCs of June 2007

Welcome to the monthly listing of the "Top 10 Tablet PCs". This report is compiled based on the number of views each product page receives, so every time someone clicks on a product they're giving it a vote in that months rankings.

These rankings don't necessarily indicate which models are the best selling, just which ones TabletPCReview readers are most interested in learning about.

The HP tx1000 barley takes first place again this month. It has been battling Lenovo's new ThinkPad X61, which comes in a close second. We welcome two other new Tablets to the list as well, the Fujitsu LifeBook T4220 and the Dell Latitude XT. These new Santa Rosa Tablets are making quite a splash and making summer more enjoyable. Business professionals and college students alike are rejoicing over their new Tablets for work and school. In fact, just in the past month there have been many welcoming new-comers from Lenovo, Fujitsu, Dell and Gateway, heating up this summer's competition.

1. HP Pavilion tx1000 (Still #1) - The HP Pavilion tx1000 is a Tablet PC notebook convertible. HP refers to it as an entertainment notebook that includes media control buttons, dual headphone jacks, a touch screen that works with any stylus or your fingertip and a new high-gloss finished 12.1" screen. It's powered by an AMD Turion X2 processor, which provides enough power for watching movies or listening to music. HP Pavilion tx1000 Reviews / HP Pavilion tx1000 Opinions
    2. Lenovo (IBM) ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC (New) - The ThinkPad X61 Tablet PC is a 12.1" tablet that has a Core 2 Duo processor built from the Santa Rosa platform and Intel GMA X3100 graphics. Only weighing in at 3.8-pounds this mighty tablet has a solid chassis and design, making it ideal for students or mobile professionals. It still maintains that same matte black appearance as its predecessor, the ThinkPad X60. IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Reviews / IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Opinions
    3. Fujitsu LifeBook T4220 (New) - The T4220 Tablet PC is a refresh of the current T4215, a 4.3 pound ultra-light and convertible notebook that runs on the Santa Rosa platform. It is designed for mobile professionals who need note-taking abilities via pen input as well as the traditional keyboard input of a standard notebook and the 12.1" screen can be turned in both directions thanks to the industry's first bi-directional hinge. Fujitsu LifeBook T4220 Reviews / Fujitsu LifeBook T4220 Opinions
    4. Asus R1 Tablet PC (Previously #2) - The Asus R1F Series offers a wide aspect of visual enjoyment while remaining compact for high mobility. The 180-degree convertible 13.3" LCD screen allows for easy presentation and data sharing during meetings or at gatherings. The Core 2 Duo processor, which is optional packs a punch as well. Data privacy is also protected with exclusive security features as well as built-in fingerprint modules. Asus R1 Reviews / Asus R1 Opinions
    5. Gateway E-155C Tablet PC (Previously #4) - The E-155C is a widescreen convertible notebook. It comes with a 12.1" WXGA bidirectionally rotating display, Core 2 Duo ULV processor, 802.11a/b/g WiFi, fingerprint reader, media reader, up to 120GB hard drive, and DVD burner in a 4.5-pound 1.17-inch thick body.This thin-and-light tablet is targeted toward the education sector. Gateway E-155C Reviews / Gateway E-155C Opinions
    6. Toshiba Portege M400 (Still #6) - The Portege M400 was the first Tablet PC released with Intel Core Duo technology. This tiny powerhouse is easy to carry and delivers on battery life. Mobile productivity goes even further with rigorously engineered Toshiba EasyGuard technology designed for optimal reliability, security, connectivity and optimization in any mobile setting. Ideal for mobile users due to size, battery life and of course the dual core CPU. Toshiba Portege M400 Reviews / Toshiba Portege M400Opinions
    7. Fujitsu LifeBook T4215 (Previously #3) - The Fujitsu LifeBook T4215 is made for heavy Tablet use. This powerful convertible Tablet has a Core 2 Duo processor and offers a 12.1" indoor/outdoor screen that swivels both ways and still maintains the performance of a full function notebook complete with a modular bay. Ideal for varying workforces that require flexibility in usage models. Fujitsu LifeBook T4215 Reviews / Fujitsu LifeBook T4215 Opinions
    8. Sony VAIO UX Micro PC (Still #8) - Enjoy having digital entertainment at your fingertips with the VAIO UX Micro PC. So small and lightweight, this full-functioning PC is designed for productivity on the go. With a 4.5" wide SVGA screen and Core Solo 1.2GHz processor. Sony VAIO UX Micro PC ReviewsSony VAIO UX Micro PC Opinions

9. Dell Latitude XT Tablet PC (New) - Dell's first Tablet PC has already made its way onto our "Top 10 list" and it hasn't even been released yet. Those users eagerly awaiting can expect the Latitude Tablet PC to be modeled after Dell's popular Latitude line-up of notebooks, which comes as no surprise. It is supposed to be extremely lightweight, have a 12.1" widescreen display and be based off Intel's Santa Rosa platform, we hope. Dell Latitude XT Reviews / Dell Latitude XT Opinions

10. Lenovo (IBM) ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC (Previously #5) - The ThinkPad X60 Tablet PC convertible notebook is powered by an Intel Core Duo processor. The X60 uses Wacom pen technology and a unique press to screen eraser that feels like a real pen. The X60 has a 2.5" hard drive allowing for upgrades and high-speed drives. The X60's 12.1" screen is available with a touch screen and outdoor viewing option. IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X60 ReviewsIBM/Lenovo ThinkPad X60 Opinions

Falling off of the "Top 10" list this month are:

To view last month's "Top 10" list click here: Top 10 Tablet PCs of May 2007.

Check out other popular lists from the TechnologyGuide.com family:

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Top 10 Tablet PCs of June 2007

Thanks Tiffany.

There's a few surprises there...
    I'm surprised other Gateway's and the Fujitsu P1610 are not up there....

... and the Tosh M400 & Sony UX Micro is in the charts.

Still waiting for an awesome tablet killer to rule all tablets

When will a maxxed out tablet arrive, I wonder...

Editor/Site Admin

I don't know Gautam, but we are headed in the right direction. Many of these new tablet releases are quite nice. They have the Santa Rosa processors and a good variety of features. Let's hope one day soon, we can configure pretty much anything we want.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Still waiting for an awesome tablet killer to rule all tablets

When will a maxxed out tablet arrive, I wonder...
    When someone manages to mod a cintiq digitiser into a killernotebook I guess.

The ideal tablet for me would be a T4220-like machine that's about 0.5kg lighter, possibly has multitouch (in both sense of the word - finger+pen, and multi-point input), expresscard, better battery life and of course not to forget a dedicated graphics solution. I know it's asking for too much, but one can always hope ;-)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Until you said the words "dedicated graphics solution" I was beginning to wonder there for a few seconds........

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well, by the time a tablet like that appears perhaps integrated graphics will be good enough for gaming... ;-)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

The reason I was wondering was because it was as if you had seen some of my notes.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well, the dedicated graphics card isn't so much for gaming (my xbox is still good enough for that), but so I can push the limits of dual/triple-display with a matrox dual/triplehead2go, else I wouldn't really want it at all.

Thread Information