04-17-2012, 09:17 AM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
What Can Tablets Learn from Netbooks? Discussion
High tech’s fickle nature is clearly illustrated in the life of netbooks. The devices emerged with a great deal of hoopla a handful of years ago. But once tablets took off with the introduction of the Apple iPad, the hype died down. So why would a businessperson turn to a netbook now?
Netbooks emerged as lower cost, highly functional laptops. “Initially, netbook sales were buoyed by the recession; buyers were looking to spend as little as possible,” noted Jeff Orr, group director, mobile devices at ABI Research Inc., which found the average sales price for a netbook to be $290.
Read the full content of this Article: What Can Tablets Learn from Netbooks?
- Dell Set to Release Windows 8 Tablet at Launch
- Microsoft OneNote Mobile for Android Review
- Survey: Business Tablet Users Prefer Large Screens, Long Battery Life, and Windows
- Is There Room for AMD in the Tablet Processor Market?
- Tablets, Mobile Apps, and Increased Data Traffic Seen as Wireless 'Disruptors'
- Tablets Replacing Business Laptops & Top 10 Free Business Apps
- Screen Size is the Leading Indicator of Tablet Usage, Study Says
- OnLive Desktop Plus Review: Internet Explorer and Flash on the Apple iPad
04-17-2012, 09:24 AM #2
Re: What Can Tablets Learn from Netbooks? Discussion
"the hype died down" .... or did everyone who intended to buy one buy and that was the end of it? There's only so much you can do with a netbook and Dell released an interesting device with the Duo. I'm not saying I'm correct.
Netbooks: Dual core atom and an SSD = perfectly fine for day to day browsing and mail collection
Netbook: Dual core atom and a standard hard drive = Shows the weakness of the atom.http://www.auura.co.uk/
Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400, M750, HP TC4200, TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, Samsung Q1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro and now... ? . I like tablets!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)