Survey Says More Than Half of Kindle Fire Owners Will Buy the iPad 3 Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Survey Says More Than Half of Kindle Fire Owners Will Buy the iPad 3 Discussion

A survey performed by TechBargain reveals that more than half of current Kindle Fire owners will purchase the iPad 3 when it is released.

Read the full content of this Article: Survey Says More Than Half of Kindle Fire Owners Will Buy the iPad 3

Related Articles:

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Survey Says More Than Half of Kindle Fire Owners Will Buy the iPad 3 Discussion

Two weeks ago while at a friends house installing a WHS it was brought to my attention..
    "I got a Kindle for Xmas"
    "Did you know that you can download the Kindle app/application onto your desktop, laptop and/or your mobile phone? You didn't really need another device!"
    "Yeah but it's really good for the eyes!"
    "How many books have you read?"
    "...ohhh, none yet"

WHY are we buying these things? I struggle with that very question and have a few theories of my own. I'm currently FORCING myself to keep my current laptop as I'm fighting the never ending 'need' to have something else

As for the iPad3... No comment and good luck to it. Windows 8 should see it off 'if' the oems present some fantastic hardware. If.
    Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga 11 (Orange!), MS SPro 1 again and now... Surface Pro 2 512GB. I like tablets!

Default Re: Survey Says More Than Half of Kindle Fire Owners Will Buy the iPad 3 Discussion

Couldn't agree more. I had to go through the insanity of trying out some different tablet pc models again over the last 3 months, to finally be able to convince myself again that my x200t really is a very good computer. I also think there's not really been any game changers out there yet, so it's a lot of hoopla over nothing.

Super high res would make a difference (like the Ipad3 but on a tablet pc running Windows), or quad cores, or 2x the battery life, or a detachable screen-slate with a true keyboard base, etc. But until I get some of those things in a Windows tablet pc, I've decided I'll be holding off and staying with my "Ol' Faithful." The rest, in the mean time, IMO is just spinning wheels.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a Kindle Fire and have read many books on it. My Dad and my friend at work has one as well and they read on it all the time. The screen on the Kindle is closer to the size of a book then a computer screen or a tablet. I cant read books on those.

After reading this article I guess alot of Apple Fanboys have Kindles. If you want a Quad Core Processor you should just go with the Asus Transformer Prime and get Ice Cream Sandwich.

TechnologyGuide Editor

@chicago_animal -- Have you ever tried reading on an eInk Kindle? For me, it's so much better than reading on a tablet like the Fire. eInk is such an excellent display technology as it's easy on the eyes and battery. Though, talking to Kindle Fire owners who use it primarily as a reading device, I get the impression that most don't care, and/or don't know about eInk's benefits.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I had an origianl Kindle before the fire. They sell a antiglare cover that helps alot to take the white off the screen and seem closer to the eInk.

Thread Information