New "Touchbook" From Acer Now Available for Pre-Order Discussion

+ Reply to Thread
    Brighthand Editor

Default New "Touchbook" From Acer Now Available for Pre-Order Discussion

The Acer Iconia-6120 -- a dual-touchscreen "touchbook," as the manufacturer calls it -- is now available for pre-order and listed at a price point of $1,199.99.

Read the full content of this Article: New "Touchbook" From Acer Now Available for Pre-Order

Related Articles:

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: New "Touchbook" From Acer Now Available for Pre-Order Discussion

Up to 3 hours battery life... so in reality you'll be getting around 1.5 - 2 hours. Cool concept, love the dual touch screens, but battery life is the deal breaker.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, those are some pretty solid specs, but you are right, the battery life is a huge bummer. It just really bugs me that with all these devices that tout their mobility and such are so seriously limited by their battery life.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well what do you expect... two 14" screens, a full voltage processor, windows 7, and no obvious place for a thick extra battery. They didn't even substitute a SSD or reduce the number of usb drives. Probably they're all powered usbs too.

But I guess with the kno gone, this is the best bet for this sort of form factor.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thinking REALLY hard about whether to pick this up. At over 6 lbs mobility isn't what this device is about so the battery life to me isn't an issue, this guy is going to plugged in most of the time at that weight.

The thing that bothers me this most is that it doesn't have haptic feedback, that work very well with the W100. Just not sure if this wouldn't be a dust collector. Though I don't use the W100 a lot sometimes I just pick it up and take it places because it's so small and light, that wouldn't happen with the Iconia. Decisions, decisions. But it's just so unique like the W100 that'll be hard to resist. But I need to save my money for a new convertiable, hopefully a slick tm2 with Sandy Bridge and a much better discrete GPU option which the Iconia has neither. Bummer.
    Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A04US 11.6-Inch Slate (128 GB, Win 7 HP)
    HP TouchSmart tm2t-1000 CTO
    HP Slate 500
    Toshiba Libretto W100
    ASUS Eee Slate EP121 64GB SSD/4 GB RAM
    Lenvo X220T ~ Core i7-2620M ~ 8GB DDR3-1333 ~ 320GB @ 7200 RPM

Thread Information