Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[ - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[

Glad that I didn't get the surface pro right out of the gate. I do hope they solve this driver issue. It seems most of the windows 8 tablets are suffering from this pressure sensitivity problem. I am waiting, due to this, for the Helix to come out. I will make my decision then.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MobileTechReview View Post
    Yes, I tested Sketchbook 6 and it has pressure sensitivity. If an app doesn't rely on WinTab, it's generally good to go for pressure. ArtRage has pressure sensitivity as well.
    Thanks for testing that out for me, thats good news and i'll probably be picking up my pro if bestbuy ever gets any 128's

Pen Pal - Newbie

have you guys tried bypassing the "no tablet found" when installing the windows 8 tabletpc driver from wacom?
    http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/Table...ouch_710-8.zip

basically you can open the install.dat with a notepad and change the ISD=1 to ISD=0 then save it and run setup.exe
    Name:  01.JPG
Views: 755
Size:  37.0 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  73.7 KBName:  03.JPG
Views: 697
Size:  82.6 KB

let me know if that works :/

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I went to the Wacom Web Site and put a question into Wacom Tech Support over the weekend. The question was,
    "Will Wacom be providing a Wintab driver for the integrated Wacom Digitizer being sold with the Microsoft Surface Pro?"

I received a response today, via email, from a 'Senior Customer Care Technician' at Wacom Technology Services, Corp. That response is, "You would need to contact Microsoft for support as this is their product."

So Wacom Tech Support is claiming, for their company, that Wacom is not going to be providing Wintab drivers for the Surface Pro.

Now, at
    Surface Pro Discussion Thread
    Jcase is saying

Quote Originally Posted by Jcase View Post
    On Twitter, @Surface says software developers will have to support the "new Microsoft APIs" before pressure sensitivity is available, meaning Adobe, Corel, SAI, etc, etc....

They need to know that before that happens, a fix is required. They have to work with Wacom to develop a WinTab driver, or we're all out of luck with the Surface Pro.
    So on Twitter, employees of Microsoft are apparently stating that Microsoft will not be providing a Wintab driver for the Surface Pro, either.

Scribbler - Standard Member

it installs, but doesn't seem to do anything. For instance, I don't see a Wacom item in the control panel.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Wacom USA has made it difficult to browse their ftp archive of all the various wacom drivers. Not so for Wacom Europe:
    ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/

There would be some red faces at Redmond if someone got a Wacom driver to work with pressure on the Surface Pro..
    I remember some tricks used to get various bluetooth software to install, and work with bluetooth hardware usb sticks.. involving changing the hardware ID's in the .inf file
    of the driver itself, to point to the hardware id of the device in question..

Opening up the device manager, going to Human Interface Devices, and right click - disabling - and re-enabling each device, can help to identify which device is the digitizer
    itself. -Grab it's hardware id, and plug it into a wacom driver .inf file.

I no longer own the Surface, but it's only a matter of time before someone figures it out, and enables pressure sensitivity using the wacom driver. Think the digitizers are fairly
    standardized. They're either serial, or USB. Not sure what the whole ISD thing is all about..

Good luck hacking..
    Looks like MS / Wacom won't be helping anytime soon. I bought a Samsung 700t where Wacom pressure is supported, and works. It arrives tomorrow. Woot!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[

Quote Originally Posted by cartoonmonkeystudio View Post
    Wacom USA has made it difficult to browse their ftp archive of all the various wacom drivers. Not so for Wacom Europe:
    ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/

There would be some red faces at Redmond if someone got a Wacom driver to work with pressure on the Surface Pro..
    I remember some tricks used to get various bluetooth software to install, and work with bluetooth hardware usb sticks.. involving changing the hardware ID's in the .inf file
    of the driver itself, to point to the hardware id of the device in question..

Opening up the device manager, going to Human Interface Devices, and right click - disabling - and re-enabling each device, can help to identify which device is the digitizer
    itself. -Grab it's hardware id, and plug it into a wacom driver .inf file.

I no longer own the Surface, but it's only a matter of time before someone figures it out, and enables pressure sensitivity using the wacom driver. Think the digitizers are fairly
    standardized. They're either serial, or USB. Not sure what the whole ISD thing is all about..

Good luck hacking..
    Looks like MS / Wacom won't be helping anytime soon. I bought a Samsung 700t where Wacom pressure is supported, and works. It arrives tomorrow. Woot!
    No luck force installing the .exe, and also no luck updating the driver manually. Crap crap.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Being such a long time tablet user, I keep forgetting that many people are buying their TabletPC for the first time...No pressure sensitivity in PS at launch? It sucks, I know. But looking at the big picture, this situation is actually far better than it seems.

Keep in mind, every other TabletPC that has been released since the dawn of time has had some issues with the digitizer at the start. Often users will have to go months without any solution. LatitudeXT users will know that it takes an ungodly amount of community pressure to get the manufacturers to respond in the slightest. And in the end, it is usually a combination of forum hacks and user ingenuity to finally get the tablet input working perfectly.

However,

Take a look at this article . It is only two days after launch and Microsoft has already issued a statement that:

a) It recognizes the problem (What? A manufacturer actually acknowledging a problem from the outset? That's amazing!)

b) It's exploring a solution with Adobe (What? Negotiating with the company that's stubbornly stuck to WinTab for decades? Doubly amazing!)

In all seriousness, the publicity that the Surface Pro has received and Microsoft's commitment in the PR space is the best thing to happen to the TabletPC industry, since...well forever lol!

This is only two days after launch and Microsoft has already released an official statement. That's pretty good in my books. Let's try to give a little benefit of the doubt, people.
    Last edited by Marty; 02-11-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[

Totally agree with you Marty, but also remember that it's also us adding pressure that helps move things along too. If you have time, everyone please shoot a quick email to adobe, Wacom and/or Microsoft. They might ignore one or two mails, but if 100 people all email about the same thing in the same week, you'd better believe it'll show up on someone's task list.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

True, true DoctorBunsen,

But it's all the negativity that I think is counterproductive. If we could give our feedback in a positive manner (especially since Microsoft has already given a statement) I think it would reflect better on this forum as a whole.

(PS. And just to second you on this, write to Adobe first as they are ones that have dragged their feet the longest on this whole WinTab/InkAPI debacle. Write to Wacom/Microsoft to ask them to enable "Pen Tablet Properties" panel for the Surface, for things like customizing the side switch.)
    Last edited by Marty; 02-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information