Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[ - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[

No dice on that old driver. They are using a modified version of the wacom hardware / software. Ten point multitouch from what I've read. So these older drivers wouldn't help there anyway, even if they did install.

Returning this thing and maybe getting the Helix when it's released - unless a magical MS spokesperson or someone from Wacom can provide us with a working driver..

Pardon me, but anyone with any experience with Wacom and tablet pcs knows this stuff is normal. It's day 1 for the SP, of course there are problems. What were you guys anticipating, perfection obo on day 1?. You're early adopters. It's the same for new Mac platforms too. Every ios update too.

Of course they'll fix it eventually. Practically every/ every single tablet pc ever made has eventually gotten pressure sensitivity to work, even if it didn't work out at first.

These complaints, while legit, seem overblown to me. Wait and buy it after a few months if you want a smooth ride. Buy it now and have a fun but bumpy adventure, and get the thrill of buying the first iteration of a brand new product.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Scribbler - Standard Member

i think that launching an product without proper drivers is a stupid move on MS side. And not to mention that they advertise the surface working with photoshop ... why did they did it ?

I don't disagree that it's stupid, but its also very normal. People seem surprised. ??? It's the first day of the first model of the Pro. What did you expect? Expecting perfection doesn't make sense. Expecting a Wacom driver to work on day 1 is a dream any tablet of user would live to experience, but is almost never ever ever the case. T902, 700t, 500t, Asus Vivo tab, etc etc. this is an ongoing problem with all the OEMs, and is not particular to the Pro.

I wonder how much this has to do with Wacom. ???
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Pardon me, but anyone with any experience with Wacom and tablet pcs knows this stuff is normal. It's day 1 for the SP, of course there are problems. What were you guys anticipating, perfection obo on day 1?. You're early adopters. It's the same for new Mac platforms too. Every ios update too.

Of course they'll fix it eventually. Practically every/ every single tablet pc ever made has eventually gotten pressure sensitivity to work, even if it didn't work out at first.

These complaints, while legit, seem overblown to me. Wait and buy it after a few months if you want a smooth ride. Buy it now and have a fun but bumpy adventure, and get the thrill of buying the first iteration of a brand new product.
    Just pop over to the Duo forum. Yes, it is N-Trig but a lot of the same complaints such as not working properly with Photoshop, etc. And I would assume the Helix may suffer from the same issues, too. It is what it is.

(x) / fashion

Devices shipping with bugs is an unwritten rule in the industry. The early adopter always complain, but they'll be the first ones on the line again when a new product XYZ hits the shelves. Regarding Wacom, since they haven't officially associated their name with the Surface Pro, I doubt they will officially get involved with driver releases. I think drivers will come from Microsoft.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried the latest sketchbook pro on the surface pro yet (version 6 I think?)? I've heard pressure works, and if thats true, I won't be canceling my preorder after all, sketchbook pro is by far my favorite digital sketching program and access to pen pressure in that program alone will be enough of a distraction until a driver is released that adds photoshop support (hopefully one does get released!)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Can't install Wacom tablet pc drivers >:[

I don't disagree that it's stupid, but its also very normal. People seem surprised. ??? It's the first day of the first model of the Pro. What did you expect? Expecting perfection doesn't make sense. Expecting a Wacom driver to work on day 1 is a dream any tablet of user would live to experience, but is almost never ever ever the case. T902, 700t, 500t, Asus Vivo tab, etc etc. this is an ongoing problem with all the OEMs, and is not particular to the Pro.

This isn't about perfection, its about getting basic functionality that was advertised. As in they literally advertised people drawing with the stylus in photoshop cs6.

In practice, you absolutely cannot work in cs6 with the stylus right now because lack of functionality, and severe UI freezes.
    Last edited by DoctorBunsenHoneydew; 02-10-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Personally I am coming around to the view it is not a Wacom Digitizer in the Microsoft Surface Pro. I think it is a Microsoft Digitizer and Microsoft Pen using licensed Wacom technology.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Hello, I think I have an answer. I am an Asus Vivotab tf810c user that bought the tablet exclusively to use the pressure sensitive Wacom pen in Sai and Photoshop; so far Asus hasn't included any driver since day one, three months ago. I have tried all TabletPC drivers in existence, none worked. I emailed Wacom about this, and some Weeks ago a very kind woman sent me beta drivers on condition that only I cult test them. And finally I could install drivers and they work pretty well so far, just some bugs that need to be polished in palm rejection. Before this, I, as all of you I got the same "Tablet Pc not found on this system" message I tried to install Wacom drivers. That makes me believe that what is necessary is as simple as Updated drivers that recognizes the new tablets. This might be either Wacom, Asus, Microsoft...'s fault, for rushing out devices before havin proper working drivers, thinking that the tablet works "for the most part" and that some aspects like the pen are secondary. Big mistake of course.

I can only recommend: email them and ask them to release drivers as soon as possible, because you purchased a premium device and you expect to work it as stated. That or return the device, but I opted for the first...

Thread Information