How happy are you with your X61T? - Page 6

View Poll Results: How Happy are you with your X61T?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Extremely happy!

93 51.10%
  • Somewhat happy

50 27.47%
  • Somewhat disappointed

19 10.44%
  • Extremely disappointed

20 10.99%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: How happy are you with your X61T?

I love the pen input and inking feature, but my tablet freezes on me on the second day of getting it. I'm disappointed because it gives me troubles so soon.

Scribbler - Standard Member

I said somewhat dissapointed but could change my mind to VERY disspointed soon.

I loved the capabilities of my computer, I wasn't even Sooo disapointed that I had to send it back for horizontal screen shivers when I was promised that not only did they have the replacement screen waiting but would take less than 7 bus. days to repair and send right back (yeah, right!).

BUT!... I am learning a hard lesson about service. The 'Depot', (aka, black hole), has had my x61 for about twice as long as I had it (They've had it one month now) and have said today they would replace it. But, I have no confirmation dates when I'll get it, Nothing! Not even an email of confirmation as I have requested just assuring me what they have promised. Empty promises only!

SERVICE, I'm learning, is as important as the computer you are buying. A HARD lesson to learn. I am leaning toward ordering a Fujitsu and saying Very Dissapointed.
    Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet PC
    (7764CT) X61 SXGA+ L7500 Windows Bus Vista
    4GB PC2-5300 667MHZ 100 GB HDD 7200RPM
    Fngerprnt Bluetooth UltraBase

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by x60t View Post
    You really look like a Fjitsu sales/supporter/defender.. :-) You got a very different attitude in those forums than here.

I don't know why, but seems you really hate Lenovo for some reason. But hey, you're a moderator.
    Well, I thought I know you better x60t..... that comment hurts quite a bit.

I admit to being a strong fan of the Fujitsu & Fujitsu Siemens line up but that's purely down to several independent structures which make me feel happy to both use and recommend their products.

In no form whatsoever am I a Salesperson of Fujitsu and it's associated partners.
    Yes, I am a supporter and defender of their machines but I have already explained that is down to the whole package Fujitsu & Fujitsu Siemens give.

In your comment "You got a very different attitude in those forums than here" I am puzzled by this.

As to the Lenovo machines, again where someone is asking for a Tablet, if their requirements falls within a group of machines I will always recommend that they look at the Lenovo as well.

I very nearly purchased an x61 myself ~ which if you look closer you will see I have made several references when it was first released that had it instead used the TrackPad I would have given it some serious consideration.
    The only other area where I am none too happy is in the company itself and in how slow it is to obtain machines/track orders/meet delivery dates/control faulty returned goods.... and a few general problems which have notably surfaced on the machines.

But to say "hey, you're a moderator" has absolutely nothing, repeat nothing do to with my standings here.

Member 'recycle' can clearly see I am not biased (thank you by the way recycle).... Maybe x61t it is you yourself that is biased towards the x61.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Another defender of p8rson here.
    Although, it is very apparent that p8rson heavily favors fujitsu tablets, he did not seem biased at all throughout the forum.
    I do think it's not surprising for people to "suspect" that p8rson is a fujitsu salesperson, I think fujitsu has provided with enough solid products to create a strong fan, who just happens to be a mod.
    As for me, I would have ordered the t4220 instead if it were a bit cheaper and/or it had a touch screen. I think the second one matters more
    I am not too happy with the x61t's build quality, with its un-gluing bezel and less-than-perfect battery lock mechanism, even though the keyboard is unsurpassed. If I had the fujitsu instead, I can see myself recommending it to whomever looking for a tablet pc. Yes, I do think fujitsu really pumps out some solid materials

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thank you for those kind comments of support too g2tl.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well, I recently received my replacement X61t and so far its working great. I disabled turbo memory since it seems even with the new patches it isn't entirely stable yet. Took about a month to get the new machine. I did get a response from a complaint letter I wrote to their CEO and the person who contacted me about it was extremely helpful. Tracked down information regarding the replacement (even though someone else had put it in), and followed up with me throughout the process. A shame it had to get to that point to get quality service from Lenovo, but I guess it does exist somewhere.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Well it's great to hear though, in the end you got it sorted amicably Dolvich.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree completely with many people who have bad experience with Lenovo. I purchased an X60T with WinXP in January. Beginning early february, i started to have problems with it. Had to do a clean install twice. In march, I installed the express upgrade WinVista Business, and lenovo provided no support. I called the service, and all they told me was to go back to XP. It had 2 gb ram in it. I did a clean vista install, and downloaded the drives from lenovo website, but many of the features stopped working. The service dept escalated the case, and also the screen bezel problem started. The depot took it in for almost a month and a half. they told me that the whole LCD was being replaced. i got back, and the problem didn't get fixed, so i contacted them again, but they said nothing about it. I tried different extensions for lenovo's toll free number, and somehow, got connected to the management office. i fought with them verbally. my cell phone plan had 700 minutes, and i went 84 minutes above. after weeks of debating/scanning/emailing, the manager told me to send it in, so they can look at it. The manager flat out refused replacement or refund.
    Fortunately for me, the manager left lenovo, and another kind hearted and understanding manager took her place. She sent me the refund check overnight.
    I now have ordered hp 2710p.
    For fujitsu, I am very impressed. My sister has their T4220, and it is working superb. She called the tech support, and they were very generous and gentle. If it wasn't that expensive (which is kind of justified for what they are offering: powerful cpu, ram, and optical drive), i would have ordered fujitsu. Also, somehow, i like HP's accidental damage protection better than either lenovo or fujitsu.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't voted yet. I'm going to wait and see how it goes.

Would you be happy with my following experience?

First, I got this 7767A4U 3 days ago after 4 weeks waiting. Last month, same day I ordered this, was told 3-4 weeks. It's real 4 weeks.

First day, the package was a box in empty box, without any cushion to prevent shocks. Which shocks me. Open the package inside and nothing is damaged from first inspection. Boot up OK and setup OK.

2nd day, found the machine with 1GB RAM and Vista Business is way too slow even after the vista patch and bios update from Lenovo. The bios update did two times, I don't know why. 1 user log on is slow and switch user is hanging the system.

3rd day, reading here found the LCD bezel, what I can't believe is, the LCD frame near the linkage is pilling off(huge gap between the frame and LCD) when try to open the LCD further. Can hear the glue sticky-off the LCD when open, when close the lid further can see the gap is closed. This is definitely a quality issue. Using a cheap glue???

I need to file a complain with them, anyone here can tell me how to contact their CEO?

If this LCD problem can be resolved, I would be extremely happy.

Thanks in advance!

s-fu

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I hope they still have the touted quality of IBM machines (although this is my first IMB/Lenovo) intact. I also hope so many complaints from customers ring some bells and ring them loud so that they really do something about all the issues, be it customer support or their supply chain. I am surprised how there is still no legal action against them. After all, what are we paying this much for? Isn't it quality?

Keith.
    Lenovo X61t
    SXGA+, 3 GB RAM, 100 GB HD,
    Windows 7 Ultimate 7600 Build

Thread Information