Thinkpad Helix - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinkpad Helix

Default Re: Thinkpad Helix

the x1 touch is the same price ($1499), but you can get it for under $1200 with the discounts. so maybe we will be able to get it cheaper then the $1499 price.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

In this video around 1:26 they state twice that the digitizer has 2048 levels of pressure, weather or not this is true is still up in the air. Lenovo ThinkPad Helix Hands On | english - YouTube

So far this is the tablet/laptop I plan to buy also I have seen versions with and without micro sad and camera flash but for that price they better include both.

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletartist4d View Post
    In this video around 1:26 they state twice that the digitizer has 2048 levels of pressure, weather or not this is true is still up in the air. Lenovo ThinkPad Helix Hands On | english - YouTube

So far this is the tablet/laptop I plan to buy also I have seen versions with and without micro sad and camera flash but for that price they better include both.
    I'm actually surprised that the TP2 hasn't been discounted more. Lenovo normlly makes its new devices available at a steep discount when they're released to drum-up interest. If the X1C is any example, you should be able to get the base Helix (also going to be called an X1 I believe) for > $1,200.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +8

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Yeah that's actually what I was thinking too. It seems to be a marketing ploy, at it high and offer discounts. I don't mind, especially if I can ge the most decked out version for around 1500$. I'm not willing to pay 1500$+ for an i5.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Q1 2013? That's not too far off. Is it mentioned anywhere that they are using a full voltage processor? Early rumors said it was a full power processor, but 6 hours without the base battery seems a bit long.

If its a full powered device, I'll be queuing up to get one

If its not, I'll...probably still get one, but less queuing. I've been wanting to try Lenovo for ages.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by valdarsh View Post
    Q1 2013? That's not too far off. Is it mentioned anywhere that they are using a full voltage processor? Early rumors said it was a full power processor, but 6 hours without the base battery seems a bit long.
    It is highly unlikely that it will be full voltage. Even Intel's new line of Haswell chips, expected to be released later this year, are all looking to be low voltage in comparison. I still think a ULV i7 would be more than adequate for most work, but this obviously sacrifices some computing power for portability. Personally, I'm tempted to wait for iteration 2 with Haswell chip inside 20-30% performance increase over Ivy Bridge, and on-board GPU that is twice as powerful as HD 4000. Hopefully some more details will be released at Intel's CES address later today.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

What I got from one of the videos is that the keyboard dock has two fans that can kick in when the tablet is plugged in to enable overclock of the processor.
    Basically running low when in tablet only mode, but giving you full power when docked.
    This is also why there are so many connectors between the tablet and the dock as it looks like they have an in an out air channel built in between the tablet an the dock so the dock fans can extra cool the tablet.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    What I got from one of the videos is that the keyboard dock has two fans that can kick in when the tablet is plugged in to enable overclock of the processor.
    A week ago, on the original Helix thread, I conjectured about the possibility of the Helix using 2 CPUs. I was almost right! The intricacy of the keyboard-dock was quite suspicious. My guess was that Lenovo would put both an Atom and an Ivy Bridge processor in the kit.

Now that I know it's just one CPU, I wish they had picked the new 10-watt Ivy Bridge to spare the battery a bit more. On the YouTube video, the Lenovo rep claimed 5hrs of battery life for the slate alone, but he was demonstrating the i7 model then. I wonder if the i3-based Helix can give 6-7 hours -- even if only on Power Saver mode.... That would be neat!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Looks like Haswell chips this spring. Wonder what this will be packing.

Thread Information