Has anyone used the Thinkpad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with a non-PC device?

+ Reply to Thread
    Aspiring Artist

Default Has anyone used the Thinkpad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with a non-PC device?

I'm talking about this particular keyboard:
    ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with Stand - US English | Lenovo | (US)

It contains both the Trackpoint (yay!) and, of course, the new Island style Thinkpad Keyboard.

I'm thinking of getting this keyboard to use with my BlackBerry Playbook (so I don't have to carry around both a BT Keyboard and mouse), but I'm wondering if the Trackpoint will work as a Bluetooth mouse, or if a special PC-based driver is necessary for it to work, and thus making it inoperable on a non-PC based device.
    Toshiba Portage M200 | Pentium M 1.8Ghz (OC'd to 1.98Ghz) | 1.5GB RAM | 40GB HDD | WinXP:TE SP3 | nVidia GeForce Go FX 5200 32MB | SXGA+ (Broken screen )

Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Has anyone used the Thinkpad 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with a non-PC device?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_Dude View Post
    I'm talking about this particular keyboard:
    ThinkPad Tablet 2 Bluetooth Keyboard with Stand - US English | Lenovo | (US)

It contains both the Trackpoint (yay!) and, of course, the new Island style Thinkpad Keyboard.

I'm thinking of getting this keyboard to use with my BlackBerry Playbook (so I don't have to carry around both a BT Keyboard and mouse), but I'm wondering if the Trackpoint will work as a Bluetooth mouse, or if a special PC-based driver is necessary for it to work, and thus making it inoperable on a non-PC based device.
    I'm interested in this as well. But I'd like to use it as a standard bluetooth keyboard/mouse for my livingroom PC (running Ubuntu). Has anyone been able to use this thing with a PC? Without any "special Windows drivers"?

Thread Information