Lenovo Thinkpad 2 In Stock at Newegg - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Thinkpad 2 In Stock at Newegg

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
    Nice find, ordering one now. What's the restock fee, under the standard return policy it says restock fee but doesn't say how much. I'm still considering the 3G model when it comes out, but may just be happy with my AT&T hotspot.
    It is 15%. I'll be using my wifi hotspot.

I should note that at least in past experiences, Newegg customer support is very good and may waive the restocking fee if there is something you don't like about the tablet.
    Last edited by TheGuac; 01-02-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I just ordered one from newegg (paid for next day shipping) and saved $40. I sure hope I get it by Friday! I also chatted with a lenovo customer service rep and cancelled my order through them,

sbl
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one form newegg and will cancel my Lenovo order later.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Jeez, Newegg is fast. My order already shipped and I only ordered it at 6 PM CST! I didn't even think they were working that late. I opted for the cheapest shipping option (3 day) since I don't need it in a hurry so I'll probably receive it early next week, unless of course their distribution center is in the Midwest somewhere. Hopefully it'll be enough, otherwise I'll just keep the Vaio Duo and wait for the second generation.

Hmmm...
    I ordered mine from Lenovo on the 1st day it was available. Then the price was $729, and they added $52.85 for tax so I ended up getting charged $781.85 and that was back on 12/19. My tablet is to be delivered by the end of the day today which is 15 days later. Now you say I can order it from Newegg, shipped for $675.67? WTF??? That's over $100 more for what!? If I refuse delivery today I have to wait maybe another 2 weeks to get a refund so I can order from Newegg with no guarantee they will have any left then. This is BS as they are now only charging $699 for the model I ordered. Anyone else in the same boat left paying $781.85 for an Atom based tablet?
    Last edited by 150pilot; 01-03-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Typos

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 150pilot View Post
    Hmmm...
    I ordered mine from Lenovo on the 1st day it was available. Then the price was $729, and they added $52.85 for tax so I ended up getting charged $781.85 and that was back on 12/19. My tablet is to be delivered by the end of the day today which is 15 days later. Now you say I can order it from Newegg, shipped for $675.67? WTF??? That's over $100 more for what!? If I refuse delivery today I have to wait maybe another 2 weeks to get a refund so I can order from Newegg with no guarantee they will have any left then. This is BS as they are now only charging $699 for the model I ordered. Anyone else in the same boat left paying $781.85 for an Atom based tablet?
    I'm actually surprised Newegg offered it at that price since just about anywhere is higher (for preorders). The Microsoft Store is even higher for a lower end model. I'm wondering if the price is temporary and will increase in the coming days.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuac View Post
    I'm actually surprised Newegg offered it at that price since just about anywhere is higher (for preorders). The Microsoft Store is even higher for a lower end model. I'm wondering if the price is temporary and will increase in the coming days.
    It's possible. Mine was slightly cheaper at Lenovo with the BN gold discount, but I'll be damned if I wait for Lenovo to get a clue. Well at least they saved me the trouble of ordering the slim case.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by philox View Post
    Ordered mine from newegg with next day shipping. Trying to cancel my original order with Lenovo, but it seems it's not possible until tomorrow. Anyone know a way to do this earlier?
    Is yours going to be delivered today? We ordered around the same time and mine shipped yesterday. It won't be delivered until Monday but since you did next day air, will yours be delivered today? They are shipped from Fresno, CA.

They did not ship it because the billing address was different from the shipping address and required some sort of verification, which was made about the time they were closing yesterday. I should get it tomorrow.
    Also I talked to a Lenovo representative (very difficult to understand as she had a very strong indian accent), and she was clueless about the whole situation with Newegg, but mentioned that if the tablet ships in spite of the cancellation they will give me a full refund. I did not cancel the keyboard from Lenovo as it seems that newegg does not have it...my keyboard will ship in February (shame on Lenovo).
    Last edited by philox; 01-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like Newegg is out of stock now.

Thread Information