Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by rzp2003 View Post
    Is the screen on tpt2 matte? I remember w510 is glossy (correct me if I am wrong).
    Both are glossy.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

For those curious, the wireless chip is the Broadcom BCM4330.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Preliminary battery tests indicate about 8-8.5 hours of web browsing/emailing/writing. This is with brightness at 50% (200 nits).

Then again, my battery gauge might not be accurate. I haven't run it down to zero yet. The gauge drops faster from 100% to 90% than from 90% to 80%
    Last edited by noxxle; 01-04-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuac View Post
    Just got mine from Newegg. I am setting it up right now. So far, compared to my Acer W510, it is about the same size but build quality appears better. It is slightly slower, likely due to the Win 8 Pro. I'd say the Acer has better screen quality--brighter screen with more realistic colors. It's fairly significant just looking at the desktop wallpaper which is a nice picture of a mountain landscape. The Lenovo also is yellow tint biased, whereas the Acer looks slightly blueish.

Just tried the pen, which is the main reason I bought this--compared to my Vaio Duo, it performs wonderfully. The actual accuracy needs work when the pen is tilted to the side when writing but it is sufficient and I didn't have many accuracy mistakes. It is way better than the 500T. The pen rejection seems to start a lot higher up than the Sony and the Samsung, which is good for Windows Journal (which I prefer over OneNote). Suffice it to say, I wrote a paragraph and had no rogue palm marks on the screen, something I could never do on my Sony. I didn't notice much lag (there was a TINY bit but nothing to write home about). Oh, and I can confirm other Wacom pens work on the screen. So this is indeed Wacom!

Thanks Guac--I was waiting for a little bit more data on the pen--I mostly need it for grading papers and notetaking. I was interested in elitepad 900 because the 16x10 is better for work with documents but it does not have wacom pen. I also waiting on the surface pro----but decided it would be too heavy potentially for long stretches and the pen is an unknown factor there. So I newegged my one with overnight delivery--probably won't ship till Monday but will have on Tuesday. Thanks so much for the information!! I had a Sony too--but the ok but not great ng trip pen/digitizer and the weight and the 11.6 inch awkwardness whiile holding----I sold it.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuac View Post
    Oh, and I can confirm other Wacom pens work on the screen. So this is indeed Wacom!
    That is awesome! What kind of other wacom pens did you try out? Bamboo, intous?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Can anyone confirm that models ordered without a pen don't have a digitizer layer built in at all? This rumor is currently making the rounds in the German Thinkpad forum and the US Lenovo forum... even conformed by Mark-Lenovo

Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry but there is a clear confirmation on the Lenovo forums : Re: TPT2 - Digitizer & Pen optional? - Lenovo Community

Scribbler - Standard Member

In Germany all Versions supports the Pen (thats what Lenovo support said), but looks like the american dont.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Did a factory reset and installed the latest drivers. I am consistently burning through 16% of the battery every hour with the brightness at 50%. I'm doing nothing other than basic tasks, such as web browsing, emailing and reading texts.

I consider 6.5 hours of battery life for basic tasks to be unacceptable by tablet standards. My ipad Mini gets 11-12 doing the same things. The ipad 4 gets even better.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by noxxle View Post
    Did a factory reset and installed the latest drivers. I am consistently burning through 16% of the battery every hour with the brightness at 50%. I'm doing nothing other than basic tasks, such as web browsing, emailing and reading texts.

I consider 6.5 hours of battery life for basic tasks to be unacceptable by tablet standards. My ipad Mini gets 11-12 doing the same things. The ipad 4 gets even better.
    I'd give it more time. My Acer ran through the battery a lot faster in the beginning than it does now. Realistic battery life with work should be about 7-7.5 hours.

I used my Tablet 2 last night for about 30 min and it ran down about 6%, then another 3% overnight (8 hours). It is also handling a full OS and Windows is fairly battery hungry.

Thread Information