Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions - Page 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

I'm resetting my tpt2 to its factory settings.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ihmotep View Post
    Can one of you who have the TP2 with digitizer check to see if it is wacom or not? Are there wacom drivers? I hear that they have Amtel but those could be just for the touchscreen part. Having Wacom is a make or break for me.
    Yes. Wacom digitizer and Amtel for touch.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ats0909 View Post
    Either the TPT2 is a lot smaller than I imagined, or the dude in that video has GIANT hands.
    It is very small. My Asus 810 dwarfs it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techgeek32 View Post
    It is very small. My Asus 810 dwarfs it.
    Since its screen is just 1.5" smaller, it means they have done a good job in designing it.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - i5/8Gb
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 - 367927U

Pen Pro - Senior Member

It seems that TPT2 wont read external powerless Hard Drives ( Passport HD, etc. ) . Thats really annoying .

Pen Pro - Senior Member

So I read that the TPT2 stylus is not spring loaded, and it's like the Samsung Slate 5 that takes a lot of force to yank it out. Is there any Atom slate that has a decent pen design out there?!

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    It seems that TPT2 wont read external powerless Hard Drives ( Passport HD, etc. ) . Thats really annoying .
    Give an OTG micro usb adapter a try with the 2 usb Y cables. Might work.
    Currently using:

Le1600 on AC power for Mypaint line art.
    Fujitsu Lifebook T4220t on AC power for Gimp/Anime Studio classical animation.

-both tablets have battery problems. I'm cursed when it comes to batteries-

***impatiently waiting for the Dell Latitude 10***

Pen Pro - Senior Member

After a factory reset, got my mic back. However, still showing system interrupts in the task manager. Could someone else who has the TPT2 check their system manager for this? Perhaps it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 View Post
    So I read that the TPT2 stylus is not spring loaded, and it's like the Samsung Slate 5 that takes a lot of force to yank it out. Is there any Atom slate that has a decent pen design out there?!
    It's not spring loaded, but doesn't take much force to remove.
    Last edited by noxxle; 01-04-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Just got mine from Newegg. I am setting it up right now. So far, compared to my Acer W510, it is about the same size but build quality appears better. It is slightly slower, likely due to the Win 8 Pro. I'd say the Acer has better screen quality--brighter screen with more realistic colors. It's fairly significant just looking at the desktop wallpaper which is a nice picture of a mountain landscape. The Lenovo also is yellow tint biased, whereas the Acer looks slightly blueish.

Just tried the pen, which is the main reason I bought this--compared to my Vaio Duo, it performs wonderfully. The actual accuracy needs work when the pen is tilted to the side when writing but it is sufficient and I didn't have many accuracy mistakes. It is way better than the 500T. The pen rejection seems to start a lot higher up than the Sony and the Samsung, which is good for Windows Journal (which I prefer over OneNote). Suffice it to say, I wrote a paragraph and had no rogue palm marks on the screen, something I could never do on my Sony. I didn't notice much lag (there was a TINY bit but nothing to write home about). Oh, and I can confirm other Wacom pens work on the screen. So this is indeed Wacom!
    Last edited by TheGuac; 01-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuac View Post
    Just got mine from Newegg. I am setting it up right now. So far, compared to my Acer W510, it is about the same size but build quality appears better. It is slightly slower, likely due to the Win 8 Pro. I'd say the Acer has better screen quality--brighter screen with more realistic colors. It's fairly significant just looking at the desktop wallpaper which is a nice picture of a mountain landscape. The Lenovo also is yellow tint biased, whereas the Acer looks slightly blueish.

Just tried the pen, which is the main reason I bought this--compared to my Vaio Duo, it performs wonderfully. The actual accuracy needs work when the pen is tilted to the side when writing but it is sufficient and I didn't have many accuracy mistakes. It is way better than the 500T. The pen rejection seems to start a lot higher up than the Sony and the Samsung, which is good for Windows Journal (which I prefer over OneNote). Suffice it to say, I wrote a paragraph and had no rogue palm marks on the screen, something I could never do on my Sony. I didn't notice much lag (there was a TINY bit but nothing to write home about). Oh, and I can confirm other Wacom pens work on the screen. So this is indeed Wacom!

Is the screen on tpt2 matte? I remember w510 is glossy (correct me if I am wrong).

Thread Information