Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions - Page 14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by noxxle View Post
    I've been doing some additional battery tests. Consistently burning 12-13% an hour at 50% brightness when doing basic tasks like web browsing. This is much better than my previous results and is consistent with the results I've seen of other clover trail tablets.
    Actually that figure seems a bit high. The same thing here (browsing with mid brightness on the clover trail ATIV) only drains about 6-8% per hour... I'm guessing you'll see a huge improvement after a few driver updates... maybe that was the reason for the shipping delays.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been doing some additional battery tests. Consistently burning 12-13% an hour at 50% brightness when doing basic tasks like web browsing. This is much better than my previous results and is consistent with the results I've seen of other clover trail tablets.
    Did you use Chrome, Office 2010 or Office 2013 release preview in your tests? If so, using IE and Office 2013 RTM (Trial) would improve battery life?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bemymonkey View Post
    Actually that figure seems a bit high. The same thing here (browsing with mid brightness on the clover trail ATIV) only drains about 6-8% per hour... I'm guessing you'll see a huge improvement after a few driver updates... maybe that was the reason for the shipping delays.
    6-8% cannot be right. That is between 12-16.5 hours of battery life.

Tom's Hardware thoroughly benched the Samsung 500t and Anandtech benched the Acer W510. These tablets were getting closer to 8 hours while web browsing. That is not only consistent with my results, but makes perfect sense considering the similar hardware.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mios2 View Post
    Did you use Chrome, Office 2010 or Office 2013 release preview in your tests? If so, using IE and Office 2013 RTM (Trial) would improve battery life?
    I used Chrome, IE10 and Office 2010. I tried doing nothing but web browsing in Chrome and IE10, in two separate one-hour sessions. Both burned 12% an hour.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

6-8% cannot be right. That is between 12-16.5 hours of battery life.
    That's correct, on minimum brightness I'm sure I could hit 15 hours.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

That's correct, on minimum brightness I'm sure I could hit 15 hours.
    What are you getting with brightness at 50%?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

On 50% brightness, I'm having a very hard time getting it below 50% battery if I take it off the charger when I get up in the morning... takes about 7 or 8 hours of straight use, which I find absolutely insane. Only web and OneNote though... Today I only used the device for about 90 minutes or so (standby the rest of the time, about 7 hours) and the battery is at 91%. Very satisfied ATM...

And as mentioned before, the TPT2 should be getting similar run times as soon as the drivers mature...
    Last edited by bemymonkey; 01-07-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

On 50% brightness, I'm having a very hard time getting it below 50% battery if I take it off the charger when I get up in the morning... takes about 7 or 8 hours of straight use, which I find absolutely insane. Only web and OneNote though... Today I only used the device for about 90 minutes or so (standby the rest of the time, about 7 hours) and the battery is at 91%. Very satisfied ATM...

And as mentioned before, the TPT2 should be getting similar run times as soon as the drivers mature...
    Well congrats. You are getting better battery life, by leaps and bounds, than what all respectable techsites are reporting...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Remember, most of these tech sites use standardized run-down tests that are very much more strenuous than regular office work. Most constantly reload web pages and stream Flash videos, which will run down a battery very quickly.

I'm sure if I were constantly streaming Flash videos at full brightness, I wouldn't see more than 6 or 7 hours of battery life either...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

The best tech site is this very one!
    Those guys can be very iffy.
    Gateway CX210X tablet[/I][/B]: ram from 2to 4 gb; cpu C2D 1.83 Ghz(T5600) to C2D 2.33 Ghz(T7600), HD to intel SSD,vista to Win 7 HP; intel 5300wireless card [/SIZE]
    Toshiba M400 tabletpc : C2D 2Ghz( T7200),ram from 2 to 4 GB,vista ult. to Win7 HP. HD to OCZ 128 GB SSD.
    Wireless card to Intel 5300
    HP TX 2000 tablet- Gifted
    Waited on HP slate 500( 82 days!)!
    Ord: 10/29/10
    Shipped : 1/15/11
    Delvrd : 1/19/11 !
    HP Slate 500 - 8.9" ssd to 128 gb .
    TPT2 64GB LTE

Thread Information