Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions - Page 13

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by noxxle View Post
    I intend to get one of these instead: Logitech blueooth kb
    This is from pages ago, but I just want to warn you against this keyboard. It is much too big to be of any portable use, and the stand is really awkward to use. You should check out the Microsoft Wedge. It has the same stand/cover design but much quicker to set up, plus it has buttons for the charms.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techgeek32 View Post
    I don't agree. My USB port is really loose and have seen the case separate when trying to connect a thumb drive. If you twist just slightly at the USB port it pops the casing wide open. Not glued or sealed at all. Just pressed together with tiny plastic clips. The ASUS 810, Envy x2 and even the Samsung units seem better built to me. It feels great in hand but after needing to purchase 16 of the original Android Thinkpad tablets before I got a good one I am very unimpressed at the quality of the TP2.
    it looks like you got a defective one.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I installed Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Both take about a minute to open and navigating the menus is a chore. Inking isn't nearly as smooth as in Onenote.
    Last edited by noxxle; 01-06-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I installed Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Both take about a minute to open and navigating the menus is a chore. Inking isn't nearly as smooth as in Onenote.
    noxxle,

you have too many problems seriously, if you search youtube, you'll see that adobe PS on Clover Trails does not have lag when you do simple tasks with it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    noxxle,

you have too many problems seriously, if you search youtube, you'll see that adobe PS on Clover Trails does not have lag when you do simple tasks with it.
    Regardless, I'm not patient enough to wait for these programs to open every time I want to use them.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Regardless, I'm not patient enough to wait for these programs to open every time I want to use them.
    Yes that's odd, photoshop ran nicely on both my 500t and my w510.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

After a reboot, I noticed PS loads in about 30s the first time, and about 10 seconds thereafter. It's more responsive too.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to make Chrome load pages smoother, like IE10? IE10 lets you scroll pages while their loading without any choppiness. Chrome does the same in the IOS environment.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I've been doing some additional battery tests. Consistently burning 12-13% an hour at 50% brightness when doing basic tasks like web browsing. This is much better than my previous results and is consistent with the results I've seen of other clover trail tablets.

I'm using a free app called "Play Time" to test battery life. It has a stop watch utility. Every time I wake the tablet from sleep, I immediately start the watch and stop it before entering sleep again.
    Last edited by noxxle; 01-06-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Aside from the USB issue, I have noticed the tablet's sound quality is much worse than the Acer's. It sounds more muted/hollow and isn't as loud. After using it for more time, I have also noticed it seems to lag slightly faster than the Acer. I'm keeping the Lenovo and selling the Acer but it is remarkable Acer made such a nice tablet at such a good price.

Oh, and I just got my first crash. I was writing on the screen and the whole unit froze up and stopped responding. Never had a problem like that before on the Acer! Hopefully I didn't make a mistake...
    Last edited by TheGuac; 01-06-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Thread Information