Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Thinkpad Tablet 2 - Initial Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by rzp2003 View Post
    probably it has something to do with the constant interrupts that take about 10% of cpu.
    After the factory reset, the interrupts generally sit around 0.1%. Someone in the Asus 810C thread commented that he also noticed the interrupts process on his device and that it sits around 0.1%. A certain number of interrupts is probably normal.

I may try reverting to a previous bios.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by noxxle View Post
    I spend much time in desktop mode. Could that be the problem, even if I'm only using lightweight apps?

Does an app like Google Chrome consume more power when run in the desktop environment vs metro?
    Chrome (both metro and desktop) may be power hungry. Please, take a look at this chrome issue: Issue 153139 - chromium - Google Chrome is not battery friendly on Windows - An open-source browser project to help move the web forward. - Google Project Hosting

In order to check it, you can do the following check:

- run powercfg /energy at the command prompt
    - copy file C:\Windows\System32\energy-report.html
    - edit file. The clock tick rate should be 15,6 ms.

If you observe a lower value, probably chrome is changing the clock, causing lot of interrupts that prevent the processor to enter into low consumtion idle states.

I've observed this problem (other people too as commented in the above chrome issue) after playing a youtube video in a laptop from chrome. When playing videos, chrome (possibly other applications) lower the tick rate in order to prevent lost frames. When video is not playing the tick rate is restored to its original value, but chrome does not always restore it.

Pen Pal - Newbie

probably it has something to do with the constant interrupts that take about 10% of cpu.
    My laptop (core i5) shows 0.1 cpu (system interrupts) even when chrome has lowered the clock tick rate (see my previous post), in TPT2 it should be a similar number.

Have you issued a SPR to Lenovo?

Pen Pro - Senior Member

For those that have their tablet, how is the windows refresh/reinstall handled? Is there a separate partition for the window reinstallation? Is there any way to transfer this to a USB drive, similar to the recovery app Acer has for the W510? Hoping we can reclaim this hd space.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by mios2 View Post
    My laptop (core i5) shows 0.1 cpu (system interrupts) even when chrome has lowered the clock tick rate (see my previous post), in TPT2 it should be a similar number.

Have you issued a SPR to Lenovo?
    what is spr?

Pen Pal - Newbie

what is spr?
    A Software Problem Report (or Service Request: Lenovo Support - Contact Support (US))

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
    For those that have their tablet, how is the windows refresh/reinstall handled? Is there a separate partition for the window reinstallation? Is there any way to transfer this to a USB drive, similar to the recovery app Acer has for the W510? Hoping we can reclaim this hd space.
    Only the 32 Gb model apparently has a flash recovery disk. It seems like there is a recovery partition in the 64 gb model but I don't see a way to put it on a flash drive. With only the OS and Lenovo software installed, you have about 34 GB free.

Quote Originally Posted by mios2 View Post
    A Software Problem Report (or Service Request: Lenovo Support - Contact Support (US))
    I am still sitting on the fence between tpt 2 and helix. If helix does not come in Q1, I will probably go with tpt2.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I am still sitting on the fence between tpt 2 and helix. If helix does not come in Q1, I will probably go with tpt2.
    Does the Helix come with a digitizer? If it does, I may return the TPT2 and get it but I was under the assumption it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuac View Post
    Does the Helix come with a digitizer? If it does, I may return the TPT2 and get it but I was under the assumption it didn't.
    I think it does, but it's a different animal: i core cpu but weights more than 2 LB (1kg), and more than 3 LB with keyboard.

I guess this is off the topic and I will stop.

Thread Information