Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates - Page 7

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    I had TPT1 and it came with the same kinda case and I did not have any problem at all.

Edit: does anyone know where has the Slim Case in stock in Canada ?
    I wouldnt worry much, I have the slim case in hand also and I doubt it will cause any damage. I've used the same kind of cases on my iPads for years, even worse ones like the $10 ones off of eBay, and have yet to see a single mark on the very delicate aluminum of any of my iPads.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by 150pilot View Post
    I'm sure Newegg isn't paying anywhere near what Lenovo is charging me either. So as for keeping the price "low" Lenovo can kiss my behind cause they took me for $781.85
    OEMs have cut deals with brick-and-mortar shoppes and online stores for a decade! Sometimes, the stores sell the product through a coupon or rebate program in which the customers pay less. Other times, the stores just price it lower because they buy a truckload of the product. It's been going for a decade! Have you got on the Internet today?
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    OEMs have cut deals with brick-and-mortar shoppes and online stores for a decade! Sometimes, the stores sell the product through a coupon or rebate program in which the customers pay less. Other times, the stores just price it lower because they buy a truckload of the product. It's been going for a decade! Have you got on the Internet today?
    Are you implying that I should have known that Newegg(anyone) would have this product available for $80 less than the Manufacturer within 2 weeks of the products launch?

Never had this experience with the iPads I've ordered.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered on 12/19 as soon as Lenovo posted a link. I would have ordered 10/26 when Win 8 launched if I could've. The only thing I got for ordering "early" was an inflated price! I paid $729 only to have Lenovo drop the price to $699 within days of accepting my order & long before I receive my TPT2. I'm sure Newegg isn't paying anywhere near what Lenovo is charging me either. So as for keeping the price "low" Lenovo can kiss my behind cause they took me for $781.85

So it's ok to shaft the "little guy" cause he isn't placing a mega order and places an order as soon as possible? What comes around, goes around I guess. I have never ordered any product from Lenovo before and never will again. I only decided on this tablet because it was the only one that had all of the features I wanted. So instead of building brand loyalty, they have put a bad taste in my mouth by overcharging me and maintaining almost nonexistent communication about when I could place an order and then after ordering when they would ship my order.
    Lenovo does have a price protection program (I think 30 days from shipping). Call them and ask for the current price - they will have you put together a cart with your exact order, send them a screenshot, and then they will refund the difference.

(x) / fashion

Are you implying that I should have known that Newegg(anyone) would have this product available for $80 less than the Manufacturer within 2 weeks of the products launch?
    Exactly.

Never had this experience with the iPads I've ordered.
    Apple is a control freak. They will not allow anyone to sell cheaper than they do. Customer loses.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Presumably because Newegg is ordering hundreds and you are ordering one. I would rather they keep their big customers happy so they can keep the price low. Also Newegg probably ordered first.

That said, it would be nice if there was a little more planning on Lenovo's part so we could know this before hand.
    I would not disagree with you except for the fact that my original ship date was 12/29 and like many others every day I check my order, it says in production and pumps up 1 day ahead....I have seen my order go from and expected ship date of 12/29, 12/30, 12/31, 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 and today when I logged in it shows "In Production" with an expected ship date of 1/4, and I anticipate that tomorrow when I wake up it will show as 1/5 like many others on this thread.....the fact that they are shipping and can't provide a more accurate shipping date for folks is making Lenovo look amateurish compared to companies like Apple and others.....If they can ship in bulk to companies like Newegg they should be able to ship according to visibility of demand in their order processing system there is no excuse unless there was a manufacturing delay which doesn't appear to be the case. In addition they advertised for the holidays free expedited shipping as well as no question return policy until Jan 31st and they are now cutting into that time for review to make sure the device suits individuals needs which is problematic.....maybe that is part of their plan.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maunakeaone View Post
    the fact that they are shipping and can't provide a more accurate shipping date for folks is making Lenovo look amateurish compared to companies like Apple and others.....
    This I totally agree with. They should know what kind of production they are capable of and should have started with a date of the 15th or whatever. My point was simply that I am not surprised that a shop like Newegg would get their tablets before me and that is make business sense. The madness with the shipping date changes is just poor logistics on Lenovos part that they need to get sorted out.

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    The madness with the shipping date changes is just poor logistics on Lenovos part that they need to get sorted out.
    This is becoming the rule, rather than the exception with Lenovo. They're not alone either. Dell and HP seem to be following their lead. The launch of the X1 Carbon was very similar. Newegg generally has their act together and, if they're offering similar prices, you're probably better off with them.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +4

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    This is becoming the rule, rather than the exception with Lenovo. They're not alone either. Dell and HP seem to be following their lead. The launch of the X1 Carbon was very similar. Newegg generally has their act together and, if they're offering similar prices, you're probably better off with them.
    also lenovo is custom build (though limited in this case) while newEgg is pre-build.

Quote Originally Posted by bizhub55 View Post
    Order date: 12/21
    Shipping date: current estimate bumped to 1/15
    Received date: not yet
    System type: Win 8 with pen/digitizer, no NFC
    Initial impressions: N/A

Also ordered extra power cord and slim case. Both have been received
    Shipping bumped to 1/22, so cancelled order today, or at least I hope I did as I also cancelled yesterday, but they had no record of it when I called today for verification. Ordered from Newegg and tablet shipped today. It's sad that Lenovo can't fulfill orders from weeks ago but you can order one today and get tomorrow from another vendor at a lower price. Lenovo customer support is difficult to deal with. I was online for over 1/2 hour canceling my order last night, only to find it was never processed. Only seem to get India each time I call, regardless of the time.

Thread Information