Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates - Page 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Thinkpad tablet 2 shipping updates

Quote Originally Posted by 1sTemplar View Post
    Date ordered: 12/19
    Shipping date: 12/26 w/UPS tracking number est delivery 1/2/13. Originally was scheduled to ship 1/7/13.
    Shipping date tablet case: 12/27 shipping info sent to UPS
    Receive date: not yet
    System type Win 8 with digitizer and pen yes NFC
    Initial impressions: N/A
    Received the tablet and slim case on 12/31/12.

Quote Originally Posted by 150pilot View Post
    Any chance you could post a picture of those rails you mentioned. Would really appreciate any close up photos of the slim case.

Thanks.
    Here are some close ups of the plastic "rails". It's difficult to see in the pics, but they have a slight lip at the ends to hold the tablet in place.

Name:  DSCN9493.jpg
Views: 2928
Size:  89.1 KBName:  DSCN9494.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  91.1 KB

Scribbler - Standard Member

Ordered mine from newegg with next day shipping. Trying to cancel my original order with Lenovo, but it seems it's not possible until tomorrow. Anyone know a way to do this earlier?

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 1sTemplar View Post
    Date ordered: 12/19
    Shipping date: 12/26 w/UPS tracking number est delivery 1/2/13. Originally was scheduled to ship 1/7/13.
    Shipping date tablet case: 12/27 shipping info sent to UPS
    Receive date: not yet
    System type Win 8 with digitizer and pen yes NFC
    Initial impressions: N/A
    hey, how do you know yours has NFC equipped? Is there any options there? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philox View Post
    Ordered mine from newegg with next day shipping. Trying to cancel my original order with Lenovo, but it seems it's not possible until tomorrow. Anyone know a way to do this earlier?
    This is unbelievable, I went to the Newegg site and they show as "In Stock" why would Lenovo delay shipping orders to consumers that have been awaiting their product to be shipped and deliver to NewEgg first....unbelievable....This company knows nothing about customer support/service.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by maunakeaone View Post
    This is unbelievable, I went to the Newegg site and they show as "In Stock" why would Lenovo delay shipping orders to consumers that have been awaiting their product to be shipped and deliver to NewEgg first....unbelievable....This company knows nothing about customer support/service.
    Presumably because Newegg is ordering hundreds and you are ordering one. I would rather they keep their big customers happy so they can keep the price low. Also Newegg probably ordered first.

That said, it would be nice if there was a little more planning on Lenovo's part so we could know this before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Resilient View Post
    Presumably because Newegg is ordering hundreds and you are ordering one. I would rather they keep their big customers happy so they can keep the price low. Also Newegg probably ordered first.

That said, it would be nice if there was a little more planning on Lenovo's part so we could know this before hand.
    I ordered on 12/19 as soon as Lenovo posted a link. I would have ordered 10/26 when Win 8 launched if I could've. The only thing I got for ordering "early" was an inflated price! I paid $729 only to have Lenovo drop the price to $699 within days of accepting my order & long before I receive my TPT2. I'm sure Newegg isn't paying anywhere near what Lenovo is charging me either. So as for keeping the price "low" Lenovo can kiss my behind cause they took me for $781.85

So it's ok to shaft the "little guy" cause he isn't placing a mega order and places an order as soon as possible? What comes around, goes around I guess. I have never ordered any product from Lenovo before and never will again. I only decided on this tablet because it was the only one that had all of the features I wanted. So instead of building brand loyalty, they have put a bad taste in my mouth by overcharging me and maintaining almost nonexistent communication about when I could place an order and then after ordering when they would ship my order.

Quote Originally Posted by odelta View Post
    Here are some close ups of the plastic "rails". It's difficult to see in the pics, but they have a slight lip at the ends to hold the tablet in place.
    Thanks for pics & info. I will be refusing delivery of the slim case based on you experiences. I appreciate the tip about previous cases.
    Last edited by 150pilot; 01-03-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Typos

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 150pilot View Post
    Thanks for pics & info. I will be refusing delivery of the slim case based on you experiences. I appreciate the tip about previous cases.
    I had TPT1 and it came with the same kinda case and I did not have any problem at all.

Edit: does anyone know where has the Slim Case in stock in Canada ?

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    I had TPT1 and it came with the same kinda case and I did not have any problem at all.

Edit: does anyone know where has the Slim Case in stock in Canada ?
    On the other hand I guess I should just try it and see for myself how it fits. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Thread Information