ThinkPad Helix looks promising - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: ThinkPad Helix looks promising

I guess we should all thank Fujitsu for sticking with full voltage Wacom equipped convertibles when all others are abandoning the form factor...

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I vaguely recall that an Italian blogger mentioned that an X240t was forthcoming, somewhere on this forum, so maybe not all is lost.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I hope that is true, and I also hope that it's not another 1366x768 LCD unit. Come the f on... What is this sh*t... etc...

Moving 'up' from iPAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Shogmaster View Post
    I hope that is true, and I also hope that it's not another 1366x768 LCD unit. Come the f on... What is this sh*t... etc...
    It's MS's fault for dictating 16:9 format for the UI Snap feature to work. The manuafacturers are rushing to contain that which is terrible. HP is breaking from that pack with the 16:10 Elitepad 900 (still not higher powered like you are looking for but a breakout nonetheless) and catching manure for not 'having a high enough resolution to make Window 8 work....whah.'

I don't buy a TabletPC to be a portable movie player; I buy my mobile device to work. So with that I also despise Window 8 and yes, it is no longer "Windows" as MS is delivering us DOS 6.x like performance once again with non-multitasking full screen 'apps' so to me it is Window 8. On a 10" tablet it may make some sesne but I cannot wait to see the calculator displayed on one of my son's 27" high resolution monitors attached to his quad-core gaming desktop with dual video cards...
    regards,

Dan
    Doing the device shuffle again:
    * New * Dell Venue 8 Pro - my ultra mobile device
    HP Elitepad with Win 8.1 (used) - looking for purpose now
    Fujitsu Q702 i5 with Win 8.1 - my main device
    Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 with Win 7 - has started to collect dust

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dceggert View Post
    It's MS's fault for dictating 16:9 format for the UI Snap feature to work. The manuafacturers are rushing to contain that which is terrible. HP is breaking from that pack with the 16:10 Elitepad 900 (still not higher powered like you are looking for but a breakout nonetheless) and catching manure for not 'having a high enough resolution to make Window 8 work....whah.'

I don't buy a TabletPC to be a portable movie player; I buy my mobile device to work. So with that I also despise Window 8 and yes, it is no longer "Windows" as MS is delivering us DOS 6.x like performance once again with non-multitasking full screen 'apps' so to me it is Window 8. On a 10" tablet it may make some sesne but I cannot wait to see the calculator displayed on one of my son's 27" high resolution monitors attached to his quad-core gaming desktop with dual video cards...
    Really? Is that why we were stuck at 1280x800 for last 8 years?

Come on dude. Snap has nothing to do with anything. It's the ODMs being short sighted.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

On a 10" tablet it may make some sesne but I cannot wait to see the calculator displayed on one of my son's 27" high resolution monitors attached to his quad-core gaming desktop with dual video cards...
    You should see what it looks like on my 2600k, 32Gb, 570 sli, 2x Dell 1920x1200 setup... It's HUGE!
    Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga 11 (Orange!), MS SPro 1 again and now... Surface Pro 2 512GB. I like tablets!

(x) / fashion

HP is breaking from that pack with the 16:10 Elitepad 900 (still not higher powered like you are looking for but a breakout nonetheless) and catching manure for not 'having a high enough resolution to make Window 8 work....whah.'
    Putting a 1080p screen on a 10" (or even 12") device is nonsense! People gotta step out of this bubble for a mere 5 seconds and realize that it makes the UI a hassle to be touched with a finger (even by people with small hands!). The result of this is that it makes the Pen an absolute necessity in Desktop-based programs. And when we remember that many new Tablet PCs are shipping without Pens, the demand for 1080p screens become ever more amusing. 1080p also makes text much harder to read if you use the tablet on laptop mode on your lap!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

What? Why not just upscale your dpi? High res isn't for a bigger workspace, it's for a clean nice res.

Why not make an OS that really is made for a tablet, instead of half-*ssing it and keeping the desktop on tablets?
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by e-schreiber View Post
    Putting a 1080p screen on a 10" (or even 12") device is nonsense! People gotta step out of this bubble for a mere 5 seconds and realize that it makes the UI a hassle to be touched with a finger (even by people with small hands!). The result of this is that it makes the Pen an absolute necessity in Desktop-based programs. And when we remember that many new Tablet PCs are shipping without Pens, the demand for 1080p screens become ever more amusing. 1080p also makes text much harder to read if you use the tablet on laptop mode on your lap!
    AMEN! Seriously, the ODM are off the mark in both directions by wide margin. It's either 1366x768 on 12.5" or 1920x1080 on 10.1~11.6". WTF you morons!!!

Someone get me $1M venture capital and I'll build us the perfect art tablet. F these marketing driven idiots that we are stuck with...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    What? Why not just upscale your dpi? High res isn't for a bigger workspace, it's for a clean nice res.

Why not make an OS that really is made for a tablet, instead of half-*ssing it and keeping the desktop on tablets?
    We finally got that and all the app devs are doing the lowest common denominator dance on Modern UI side. We won't get any apps that uses decent CPU power as baseline in Modern UI for long LONG time. They will all aim for Tegra 3 as baseline, which means crappy weak powered apps like Sketchbook Express and its irk...
    Last edited by Shogmaster; 12-04-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2766&dateline=1273874722

Pen Pro - Senior Member

No offense, but art work on a tablet represents what percentage of total sales?!

Thread Information