ThinkPad Helix looks promising - Page 15

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Who has received their Thinkpad Tablet 2?

Quote Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
    Mine is scheduled for delivery on Jan. 3. I have seen others post that the delivery was earlier.

Someone must have received one by now. Fill us in and give us at least a mini review.
    Wrong thread buddy. This is thinkpad helix. Not thinkpad 2.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: ThinkPad Helix looks promising

I think we can expect Lenovo to announce the ThinkPad Helix at CES 2013, as they will have their next webinar on January 9. The agenda is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenovo partner network
    ThinkPad Helix and ThinkPad Tablet 2 Competition
    Lenovo B Series Laptop Update
    ThinkPad X131e Updates
    TopSeller Services Update
    See: Live Webinars | LPN | (US)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ibmthink View Post
    I think we can expect Lenovo to announce the ThinkPad Helix at CES 2013, as they will have their next webinar on January 9.
    Sweetness! Right now it has really come down to this and the Kupa Ultranote. The only thing both of these are lacking for me is a 13"+ screen... (well, and hopefully 8GB + RAM). I'm saving up money as we wait!

Wait and Hope.

The Helix is the only real competition for the Surface IMO. The Sammy 700T is too plasticy and the Kupa is semi-vaporware without any real distribution channels. My company winces when anyone buys outside of Dell, HP or Lenovo business class. The MS Surface is a stretch for them. The Kupa would be out of the question without more of a track record.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +3

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    The Helix is the only real competition for the Surface IMO. The Sammy 700T is too plasticy and the Kupa is semi-vaporware without any real distribution channels. My company winces when anyone buys outside of Dell, HP or Lenovo business class. The MS Surface is a stretch for them. The Kupa would be out of the question without more of a track record.
    Very true. From a driver support stand point I'd also put more trust in Lenovo going forward. Do you think there will eventually be 13"+ versions of these models (Helix, etc.) within the next year? I just started my masters in the fall (Comp Sci.: Bioinformatics and Web Development) and I could really use a new machine. I also have big hands, and fear 11" device keyboards. I have looked at the Fujitsu 902 as the next best option (as the ability to have 8 or more GB of RAM is a necessity) but having something as lightweight and portable as the Helix would be awesome.

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelobby View Post
    Very true. From a driver support stand point I'd also put more trust in Lenovo going forward. Do you think there will eventually be 13"+ versions of these models (Helix, etc.) within the next year? I just started my masters in the fall (Comp Sci.: Bioinformatics and Web Development) and I could really use a new machine. I also have big hands, and fear 11" device keyboards. I have looked at the Fujitsu 902 as the next best option (as the ability to have 8 or more GB of RAM is a necessity) but having something as lightweight and portable as the Helix would be awesome.
    I think MS is rumored to be considering a 14" surface with AMD power. The funny thing is that the Helix is a bit too large for me. I'm looking for a 10" or smaller tablet. I love the size of my 8.9" slate and I have no problem typing on its folio keyboard. My 13" Thinkpad X301 hasn't left the office in a very long time.
    Last edited by Bronsky; 01-04-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the 700t and find that it is an excellent machine. The one thing that the Helix has that I would be interested in is the additional battery life via what I guess is an extra battery in the dock. I'll definitely be interested in hearing the final specifications. I doubt that it will be enough to make me trade the 700t back in but I am curious. When units with 10 hour battery life along with discrete powerful graphics come out then I'll really be tempted.

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by fella1 View Post
    I have the 700t and find that it is an excellent machine.
    I'm sure it's a good hybrid (but a bit too much cheap plastic for my taste). I'm looking for business use, however, and Samsung service is not dependable enough for my company to authorize the purchase. They typically require next day on-site but, at least in the case of my Slate 500 okayed depot service as long as it was quick and dependable. I'm assuming that Microsoft is going to be very attentive to hardware issues in the Surface.

CES 2013: Lenovo ThinkPad Helix Convertible Ultrabook With "Rip and Flip" Design | PC Perspective

looks like the price is going to be $1499. i hope that is without the discount.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Thread Information