ThinkPad Helix looks promising - Page 12

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: ThinkPad Helix looks promising

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Nokia Adept View Post
    There is a User's Guide leaked at Lenovo Chinese site http://webdoc.lenovo.com.cn/lenovows...%8D%97V1.0.pdf

It says:
    Nice. It really irks me that all of these devices only have ~12" screens. Do you think the next year will bring some 13"+ devices? Also, do you think Lenovo will allow expandable memory? I would need 8GB min. I really want this to be my next device, but I don't want to compromise.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

nice find, I cant wait for the next couple weeks to pass so i can see what all i can really choose from, hopefully.. Im really getting sick of waiting. From what i can tell on the PDF the slate has an extra battery in the dock and only comes with 4gb of ram option. Hopefully thats not the case. If it is, then that would put the kupa ultranote ahead of the helix.

Another thing i noticed is it seems to have done away with the flash on the rear camera that the early pictures had. The pdf also didnt mention wacom, and that slightly worries me. It looks the same as the S-pen and the kupa ultranote looks to use the same tech, but for some reason most of these makers arent mentioning the actual technology behind their digitizer.
    Last edited by tabletartist4d; 12-26-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Trackpoint Diehard

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelobby View Post
    Nice. It really irks me that all of these devices only have ~12" screens. Do you think the next year will bring some 13"+ devices? Also, do you think Lenovo will allow expandable memory? I would need 8GB min. I really want this to be my next device, but I don't want to compromise.
    You know, I want this thing badly too

Regarding size: to be honest, even 11.6" seems a little too big for me and 10.1" is a real hot spot for a tablet -- its not that small nor big and fits comfortably in your hands/bag.

Regarding memory: I bet it will be soldered into motherboard much like X1C but, hopefully, much like X1C there will be a separate configuration with 8 gigs of RAM.

Trackpoint Diehard

Have you tried Yoga 13? It's really-really big'n'heavy! Personally, that big tablet is not for me.

If I want more screen estate then external monitor would help a lot. But on the road anything bigger than 12" is not practical.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Nokia Adept View Post
    Have you tried Yoga 13? It's really-really big'n'heavy! Personally, that big tablet is not for me.

If I want more screen estate then external monitor would help a lot. But on the road anything bigger than 12" is not practical.
    Yea, I guess I was just really interested in a 13" screen. The extra real-state would be nice for drawing/sketching.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelobby View Post
    Yea, I guess I was just really interested in a 13" screen. The extra real-state would be nice for drawing/sketching.
    there are Fujitsu 920 and thinkpad X230 that are close to 13", with regular voltage cpu and a lot of RAM. Actually X230 can be found less than $1k now.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Ugh. 4GB? I can't believe no one wants to build a 1080p pen device with more than 4GB. I was pinning my hopes on this device, I really hope they do it. Without the option of 8GB, I would probably go with the Surface Pro.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks like the Thinkpad Helix has hit the FCC. Maybe it will make it to North America after all? Looks like AT&T only if you want the LTE version.

Thinkpad Helix Swings Through the FCC

(x) / fashion

This site says that the Helix will be unveiled at CES.

By the way, what happens to the connecting part on the keyboard after you detach the tablet? Does it stay up like that, exposed and with protruding hooks? If so, the Helix is the re-incarnation of the TC-1100. I wonder why that part on the keyboard is so elaborate? Which kind of voodoo will it do besides grasping the device? It somehow reminds me of the new "Transformers" designs from the movies.

Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Scribbler - Standard Member

I think the clue about the connecting part is the ability to do this:
    Name:  Helix1.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  32.8 KB Name:  Helix2.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  35.9 KB

Thread Information