Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

The specs for the Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 have leaked:

Display: 10.1", low-res 1366x768, 16:9 IPS, LED Backlight, Anti Glare, 10 finger multi-touch
    CPU: Intel Cloverview Dual Core Atom
    Graphics: Intel Intefrated HD SGX545
    Memory: 2GB
    HDD: 64 GB (e-MMC)
    Battery: 10 hrs. (30 Whr)
    Front Camera: 2 MP, 720p HD Webcam w/ LED (inside LCD)
    Back Camera: 8 MP, Auto Focus with Flash w/ LED (outside LCD), Motion JPG
    WiFi:802.11 a/b/g/n
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Dimensions: 262,6 x 164 x 9,8 mm
    Weight: 650g
    Cover Material: MG frame, ABS cover
    Ports: Mini HDMI, 3.5 mm Combo Mic/Headphone, MicroSD slot, USB 2.0, Docking Connector
    Microphones: Dual Array: Digital Microphone w/ Noise Cancellation, VoIP, Noise Reduction
    Speaker: Stereo 1W@8ohm x2
    Buttons/Switches: Windows button, Power button, Audio volume switch, Rotation lock switch, Reset switch to disconnect battery input
    Sensors: GPS, Magnetometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Vibrator, Sensor Hub
    FW-TPM (SW): All Models (user configurable)

OPTIONAL Features:
    - Digitizer & Pen
    - Fingerprint Reader & NFC (selected together)
    - Discrete TPM & TAA
    - WWAN: US: Gobi 4000 (LTE/HSPA+), ROW: Ericsson (HSPA+)

UNAVAILABE Features:
    - Smart Card
    - VGA; Display Port, APS, WIDI, USB 3.0

Keyboard Dock:
    - Thin, Chiclet Style with Pointing Stick and Left/Right mouse buttons but without Touchpad, probably no additional ports

Enterprise Dock:
    - Ports unknown

Sources:
    Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 Specs Leaked
    Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 aimed at iPad business users, includes pen input and dock | The Verge

Man, I am disappointed again. 16:9! low-res 1366x768! only Atom-CPU! no ports on the keyboard dock (separate "Enterprise Dock")!
    With the release of Windows 8 I was really hoping for a great Tablet-PC or Tablet + dockable keyboard combo from any of the business-oriented manufacturers (Fujitsu, Lenovo, HP...).
    Lenovo has first disappointed with their uninspiring X230T by sticking with a paltry 16:9 low-resolution 1366x768 screen and the keyboard switch.
    Then Fujitsu disappointed with their switch from good 16:10 screens to bad 16:9 screens. While their Tablet-PC T902 increased the resolution to 1600x900, the Slate+Keyboard Combo Q702 features only 1366x768.
    16:9 is far inferior to 16:10, why can't anyone do it right?
    I really hope that HP doesn't screw up too with their upcoming Elitebook 2770p.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by kvoram; 08-02-2012 at 07:18 AM.
    Currently own: Fujitsu T5010 (Core2Duo 2,53GHz P8700, Active Digitizer only, Win XP Tablet Edition), Fujitsu Q702 (i5-3427U, Win 8), Axiotron Modbook MB100 (Mac OSX)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

It does seem a small bit fake and the stylus has just been slapped onto the first picture. :/ Looks interesting and I'd love Lenovo to release official stats. If it features a fantastic keyboard and Wacom, possibly N-trig, I'd consider it.

Atom = Not that bothered as long as it's dual core
    No ports on the keyboard dock = Whaaaaa!!! Hope it at least has a secondary battery
    Disappointed = This is, as we know, the way of the Windows oems. ZzzZzzzz We'll probably get better kit on the second set of machines

Elitebook 2770p = This is the one that I'm waiting for as I have a 2760p next to me. I'd love to be able to use the same docking station. Other than that I'm still open and haven't decided on any device.
    Last edited by excalibur1814; 08-02-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    Owned/Sold: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga11 (Orange!), MS SPro1 again, MS Pro2 512GB. Current: MS SPro 3 256GB i7

(x) / fashion

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by kvoram View Post
    Man, I am disappointed again. 16:9! low-res 1366x768! only Atom-CPU!
    I wonder what's behind the industry's stupidity to insist in 16:9 screens? Are they so much cheaper than 16:10 ones? I know Apple owns the 4:3 stock till 2025, but what's the OEMs excuse to push 16.9 on us? It kills portrait mode! Can't they see that?

People complain about low resolution, but at the same time they praise Microsoft for the new Metro interface. Metro wastes dozens of pixels with its big UI elements (tiles, buttons, switches and the stupid ribbons). That's paradoxical....

There will be other models with i5 processors, I'm sure. This is just the tip of the iceberg. People for a while were complaining so much about battery life that Intel had to put more money on R&D for Atom CPUs. The HP Slate 2 with its slower CPU-GPU combo and a meager 30 min of extra juice was the result of that insane drive. Now that we finally have Atoms with 7+ hours of battery life, people complain about CPU speed....

People want their tablets to be thin, but they also want them to be fast, run super cool, have lots of ports and be durable.... The iPad has created a lot of unrealistic expectations on people.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

16:9 is a shame, but that's Win8. However, I just don't get this idea where this sort of res on a 10" tablet is low res. Pretty good res to me. Additionally, dual core Clovertrail should perform just as well as a lot of core2duos-- more than adequate enough for all normal usage. NTrig is a shame if true, but the rest seems pretty reasonable for a non-Pro class tablet. I don't understand the complaints here. I mean, what are people expecting for the expected price point?
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I don't see what the fuss over 16:9 is. I have never used any of my Tablet PC in portrait mode... why can't people just ink and read in landscape mode?

Also the Pro Level Tablets that are coming soon we're going to see the 1920x1080 resolution in the 10-12" Screen Size on Windows 8 Tablets and Convertibles, so I think we do ok with that resolution
    Jeff Roach - Surface MVP, MCLC, MCT
    Surface Pro 3
    Nokia Lumia 1520 (Phablet)

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I don't see a silo in any of the pictures, which would be odd since the Thinkpad Tablet offers it. It looks pretty similar to the Tablet, with volume and battery button placement hasn't changed. My Tablet has some charm about(can't really put my finger on it). I hope that they offer 160gb ssd for this, as this could be my next device; that is if battery life, and screen is good at a fair price.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 View Post
    I don't see what the fuss over 16:9 is. I have never used any of my Tablet PC in portrait mode... why can't people just ink and read in landscape mode?
    It's nice to have options. Windows and PCs used to be about options.

Shiny

VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

(x) / fashion

Detachable keyboard! Pen silo! Bingo!
    Hopefully it won't cost a kidney....

Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 hands-on - Engadget Galleries

Thread Information