Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (x) / fashion

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Atom Z540 (HP Slate 500): 348
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Atom N2600 (Fujitsu Q552): 602
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||

Atom Z2760 (TPT2, X2, S5H, L10): 705
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||||||||||||||||||||

Source: PassMark/CPU Benchmark

At this point, with a single sample, it's still conjecture, but I think that people who tolerated the Slate 500 and Q550 should be more than fine with the new Clover Trail. I'm itching to try one as the detachable form-factor has always been my favourite!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

The Clover Trail benchmarks are at expectations (i.e. Core 2 Duo ULV @1.2GHz). I use a Fujitsu T2010 with that CPU, and it can be sluggish during heavy ink load.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

For those complaining about price, the Fujitsu Stylistic Q702 Core i5 with keyboard dock is $1718

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Fujitsu stuff are always overpriced crap. You can probably get a better deal at their ebay store.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Shiny

Base price, not including accessories like the keyboard dock, will be $629. Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet 2 to be priced starting at $629 | PCWorld

Great price for what you get (both in terms of specs and in terms of Thinkpad quality) if you ask me.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Pen Pal - Newbie

I was looking at this page on engadget Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 priced at $649 and up, still on track to ship this month -- Engadget

From the press release section:Pricing and Availability
    The ThinkPad Tablet 2 will be available starting in November through business partners and Laptops, Tablet PCs, Netbooks, Desktops, PCs, Computers and Accessories | Lenovo | US. Pricing for models starts at $649.

I suppose this price would be for the pen-less (but hey, you get the silo) model with minimum specs. ( same as the 1st gen 16G thinkpad tablet?[citation needed])
    Also.. available not until Nov..oh well
    Last edited by Sandiegosd; 10-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Shiny

Bummer, I thought it was on track for October 26th. It was the first Lenovo Windows 8 product to be unveiled, you'd think it'd be ready for the market by now.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

It's ok as October 26th is quite close to November!

I'm ordering this or the Dell but don't expect to have it next to me until close to the end of November. You never know... Lenovo might have gigantic orders (Fingers crossed)
    Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga 11 (Orange!), MS SPro 1 again and now... Surface Pro 2 512GB. I like tablets!

Scribbler - Standard Member

I think we can piece together what is going on with the timing. You'll notice that all of the manufacturers that are planning Atom-based tablets are vague about their delivery dates and also about their battery life. Lenovo and Intel have been firm on 10 hours, but it seems like everyone else is waffling. Lenovo has often commented on the close relationship they have with Microsoft and Intel in developing this tablet, and the specs very closely match the vision Intel has always advertised about what Clover Trail can do. I think it has been important to Lenovo to satisfy every one of the promises that Intel made for this chip, if possible.

So a few weeks ago you saw a brief controversy about the Intel power management software, and at the same time Intel's Otellini made the unusual comment that Windows 8 "isn't ready" and "has bugs." Then a few days later Microsoft came out with an unexpected update that, among other things, "improved battery life."

So this is pure speculation, but it looks to me like the OEMs weren't able to get the promised battery life, and complained. Intel and Microsoft did some finger-pointing, and Microsoft initially didn't budge. Otellini got Ballmer's attention, they sat down and worked it out, and Microsoft did what it needed to do to help Intel boost its battery life. So now Intel is re-optimizing and re-testing its software with the new Windows 8 update, and then the OEMs all have to retest their systems and load the new software on the units that are preparing to ship.

Whatever the problem was, it must be a software problem and not hardware, or we would hear about it. Software testing always brings a lot of uncertainties, so that's why no one will commit to a delivery date. Just this morning I got an email from Lenovo advertising a closeout sale on PCs and laptops, which ends October 24. This might be a signal that the testing is nearing completion and things look good to go. I'm waiting to see if Lenovo changes its battery life claim, but so far it still says 10 hours on their web site.

My guess is that Lenovo won't meet the target of delivering this tablet on October 26 (at least, not for most people), but might at least be able to open its web site to offer the tablet for sale on that date, for delivery the following week. Again, that's speculation and maybe wishful thinking, but it makes sense to me.

Thread Information