Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

That price is bothersome, but this is similar to the X1 Carbon. I wonder what the street price will be after coupons and discounts; B&N Gold can get up to 25% off before taxes. It seems like all of these new Win 8 tablets are being priced pretty high, which is even more disappointing if the RT prices are similar.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220T | 12.5" 1366x768 Multitouch | Core i5-2520M 2.5Ghz | 8GB RAM | X220 Ultrabase | LG L227WTG 22" | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Intel 160GB G2 SSD | GTX 460 x1.1Opt

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Surprised about the price point though. Sheesh. What makes it so special that it can cost that much more? Does it have a special Anti-Glare screen? A snap on dockable keyboard with extra battery? A removable battery or alterable ram?
    Two words:

Wacom Digitizer.

The other atom tablets have Wacom too. They don't cost as much. So I don't think that's true. Or the other tablets have things like dockable keyboards with extra batteries and thus cost the same (or are actually still less!).
    Last edited by Steve B; 09-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    The other atom tablets have Wacom too. They don't cost as much. So I don't think that's true.
    What other tablets? How much do they cost? I don't think they've released their pricing yet.

The ASUS tablet is 699 just for the RT.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I think the 10in Dell slate is Wacom based, still not sure what the Envy X2 will include. Samsung S5 lines is also Wacom based, but the keyboard will come with battery, though no word on price yet, just estimates I think. Can't think of more off the top of my head.

(x) / fashion

Business devices (ThinkPads, Latitudes, EliteBooks, etc) tend to be sturdier because they meet Military specifications. Those devices also tend to have smarter CS representatives (sometimes based inside the US!), Also, those devices have a quicker turn-around. And their parts are available for a long time so replacement and upgrade is easier. I don't know the details about the Slate 8, Latitude 10 and the TPT2, but it's likely they will be more expensive than comparable consumer-grade devices.

Once the specs and prices of all those devices are officially released, we'll know exactly which ones are "bargains" and which ones are "rip-offs". As it is right now, there are a lot of pieces missing in this puzzle.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Yeah, Asus Vivo tab (not rt) is Wacom too. Samsung s5 is Wacom too and the reported price is 650/750 with keyboard for it as well. Even has a silo. Basically, the fact that the TPT2 is Wacom is mostly par for course right now.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 GB SSD , 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    Thinkpad Tablet 2- Win 8.1, 64 GB SSD, 2 GB RAM

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902, q552

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Can't say much about Lenovo's consumer line, but for the business/Thinkpad line their CS is Georgia, and really good. I mean I sent it on a Wednesday to get the power and volume fixed and got it back Friday morning fully repaired. I would by Lenovo again because of such great service like that, but for me the price is a bit over my budget, specially for an Atom based device.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Pricing of these atom prices are ridiculous.

An atom netbook costs $200-300. An atom tablet should cost no more than $600. $800 is a bloody rip off... I can get a laptop with a high res screen, dedicated graphics, max RAM and HDD for that price. Yes, no inking capability, but an impotent Atom is not worth $800. A Core i tablet would be worth $800. The digitizer and touchscreen does not cost $500.

Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Rommie2k6 View Post
    Pricing of these atom prices are ridiculous.

An atom netbook costs $200-300. An atom tablet should cost no more than $600. $800 is a bloody rip off... I can get a laptop with a high res screen, dedicated graphics, max RAM and HDD for that price. Yes, no inking capability, but an impotent Atom is not worth $800. A Core i tablet would be worth $800. The digitizer and touchscreen does not cost $500.
    Let's not remember that the $799 is the base price and the Wacom stylus is optional...so you're actually paying more than $800 for "inking." No inking at the $799 price point. And that blows my effing mind. Seriously considering Windows RT again, as I'm someone who wants some productivity from a tablet (MS Office is a priority for me) but I don't care about styluses.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Thread Information