Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 48

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Pen Pal - Newbie

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Order date:12/19/2012
    Shipping date (or estimate):12/28/2012 (actual-got tracking no. today)
    Received date:n/a
    System type 64GB/Win8 Pro/No Digitizer

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    I really think lack of pen silo is stupid.
    Who would like to carry a stylus everywhere ? It's against logic !!
    Yeah this is part of what was holding me back, I'd like to have the pen on me always. I've heard a lot of good things about dell quality and customer support though, and not so good things about Lenovo.

Sucks, my acer w510 has to go back today so I'm stuck with no tablet for at least a couple of weeks.

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by manuelcalavera View Post
    I really think lack of pen silo is stupid.
    Who would like to carry a stylus everywhere ? It's against logic !!
    It will only become a standard the day that Apple puts a silo in the iPad.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Scribbler - Standard Member

Back in School we were only allowed to have Dell laptops in the network. I saw my Dell Latitude and most of my classmates fall apart after about 2 years of use. This includes screen failures, keyboards, screen hinge, etc. We did have a full warranty.
    On the other hand my wife's x61 lasted 5 years. Hard drive started to slow down, then we replaced it with a flash drive. My mom's x61 is still working perfectly. My Lenovo x203 never had a single problem.
    Apart from 3rd party hardware problems, the thinkpads are built to last.

Wait and Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by philox View Post
    Back in School we were only allowed to have Dell laptops in the network. I saw my Dell Latitude and most of my classmates fall apart after about 2 years of use. This includes screen failures, keyboards, screen hinge, etc. We did have a full warranty.
    On the other hand my wife's x61 lasted 5 years. Hard drive started to slow down, then we replaced it with a flash drive. My mom's x61 is still working perfectly. My Lenovo x203 never had a single problem.
    Apart from 3rd party hardware problems, the thinkpads are built to last.
    Until a couple of years ago, my company was a Dell-only shop. My experience with Latitudes is just the opposite. There are still a few 7 year old Latitudes in everyday use around here, running XP Pro. On the other hand, I currently use a Thinkpad (X301/W7 Pro), which works flawlessly too. I haven't seen the vast difference in quality that you have between the Latitudes and Thinkpads. Maybe it's the difference between professional and student use?
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +6

You could be right. It seems to me the thinkpad's construction really shines when the laptop is moved around a lot, somewhat abused etc. I think that makes sense since the thinkpads are supposed to be built to be more durable.
    Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops Pass the "Tough Test": Meet Military Specifications for Semi-Rugged Computing

A long time Dell notebooks user (4 dells, including 2 latitudes) but converted to Thinkpad two yrs ago, I also feel that thinkpad is more durable and more portable. The only concern for me is how the clover trail performs on medium to large applications.

There are some tables comparing the Clover Trail performance to other processors, so you can have an idea. I wouldn't do large photoshop work, or video editing, or anything that involve heavy lifting of the processor on it. It seems to be ok to run word, ppt, etc.

For heavy tasks I think it is smarter to use a remote desktop strategy. I keep a powerful workstation on in my office, and when I am away and need to work I use Teamviewer to access my programs on it. For instance, I can run finite element analysis, which is processor intensive, from a crappy laptop as long as it has a decent internet connection. Teamviewer is great.
    On the other hand, if I wanted to perform heavy work on a tablet offline, I would probably choose the surface pro and sacrifice battery life (even then for what I do the surface pro would perform very poorly compared to the workstation).

philox: thanks for the tip for TeamView.

I finally ordered mine, but I had to order from Amazon, due to payment options and paid $699, with tax, $757.74, and got 3 year protection for $154.23, so I think I paid a little too much, plus the price just dropped to $693. I expect next Friday, Jan 11, I will let the forum know how it turns out.

Thread Information