Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    (x) / fashion

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

It is plausible that Lenovo will release the device with bugs. Personally, I never buy a gadget on the month of its release. I like to wait 4 months to let the early adopters review the device and report its bugs to the OEM. 4 months is also enough time for the coupons to start popping up around the interwebs. Two birds with the same stone!
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC....and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 (i5-430UM, ATI HD-5450) | HP TC1100 (Celeron 800MHz).

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    Every single review of the Thinkpad Tablet 2 has commented on its bugginess. I haven't seen similar comments with, say, the Envy X2 or the Samsung devices (which also have had a decent number of reviews). What's going on with that?
    Where are these reviews that you're talking about?

Shiny

Here's two:

Though the models I saw were all pre-production units, they felt very nice to hold. There were still some glitches in Windows 8 as shown in the video above, but it still runs relatively smoothly. Were hopeful it will run even more smoothly and with less crashes when the ThinkPad 2 is released in October.
    Hands-On With Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2

There are still a few glitches with screen responsiveness that the company is working on, but overall, the tablet seemed snappy and responsive.
    Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2: Looks Like a Tablet, Behaves Like a PC

I think I've seen similar comments elsewhere, but I don't remember where.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Scribbler - Standard Member

There is even some mention of these problems in the trusted reviews take on the TPT 2 that I posted on page 3. The hopeful thing about all of this is that these were pre-production units. Lenovo does tend to screw at least something up on launch, whether it be a matter of quality control (X230T wobble, X1 Carbon screen door effect, wobbly touchpad and misaligned screen adhesive) or of drastic, needed improvement (X220T edge inacurracy), or a matter of buggy software and drivers (Honeycomb performance of the TPT that improved greatly with ICS...I DEFINITELY don't know enough about the TPT 1 to say ANYTHING about it, though...).

My hope is the last set of issues, because software and driver issues can usually be fixed with an update. I'm not really the early adopter type, myself, but I did buy my X220T on Black Friday in spite of the bad edge firmware. I got lucky though, in that the day I received it Lenovo had already released the firmware update to fix the edge problem! I hope Lenovo would be smart enough to actively and timely address any valid issues users may have, especially with the Thinkpad line's reputation at stake. Thinkpads are at least somewhat better supported than their consumer brand counterparts ideapad and edge.

Edit: Of course, to reiterate, if there is an inherent hardware limitation the TPT 2 might not be for me. That is, if Atom is fundamentally unable to smoothly handle Win 8 and OneNote, as an X220T owner I'd probably be better served by buying a cheaper RT tablet as a companion, such as Surface RT or anything else with Wacom. True pen digitizer an absolute must. None of this ipad "stylus" wannabe trash.

No way I'd shell the bucks for a full on Ivy bridge slate given that I already have my awesome X220T. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by fatpolomanjr; 09-19-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220T | 12.5" 1366x768 Multitouch | Core i5-2520M 2.5Ghz | 8GB RAM | X220 Ultrabase | LG L227WTG 22" | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Intel 160GB G2 SSD | GTX 460 x1.1Opt

Pen Pal - Newbie

does that mean Lenovo will stop meaning Android based Thinkpad?

Scribbler - Standard Member

Quote Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
    does that mean Lenovo will stop meaning Android based Thinkpad?
    They haven't announced anything. Will they stop making droid based Thinkpads? Only Lenovo knows. Plenty of droid ideapad tablets out though.
    Lenovo Thinkpad X220T | 12.5" 1366x768 Multitouch | Core i5-2520M 2.5Ghz | 8GB RAM | X220 Ultrabase | LG L227WTG 22" | Windows 8 Pro 64-bit | Intel 160GB G2 SSD | GTX 460 x1.1Opt

Shiny

October 26 release, price of $799 including keyboard dock. Lenovo ThinkPad 2 pegged for October 26th release, with a $799 price tag -- Engadget I was expecting a price $100-$150 cheaper. Oh well.

And since they've already removed the Android Thinkpad Tablet from their website, yes, this means the end of Android Thinkpad tablets. They may hedge their bets on Windows RT for consumer devices by still offering some Android Ideapads, but for Thinkpad, it's Windows 8 only from now on.
    VAIO Duo 11 (i3-3217U, 11.6" 1080p IPS, N-Trig stylus, Windows 8.1). My video review; handwriting test.
    VAIO F2390X (i7-2670QM, 540M, 16.4" 1080p, Windows 8.1 Pro). My video review.
    Samsung Galaxy S III (U.S. Cellular, Android 4.3 with TouchWiz skin). My review.

Wait and Hope.

A thinkpad tablet is an enterprise device. It should run windows.
    Thinkpad X301 | Asus Note 8 | Nokia 928
    Asus M80TA - Failsafe Point +7

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Here's hoping Lenovo offers the Thinkpad 2 without the keyboard dock for $100 less.

Surprised about the price point though. Sheesh. What makes it so special that it can cost that much more? Does it have a special Anti-Glare screen? A snap on dockable keyboard with extra battery? A removable battery or alterable ram?

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I like a lot of what it does, but for a 10.1" tablet without a real dockable keyboard or modifiable guts, this seems more expensive to me than I'd want to pay.
    Currently own:
    x230t Outdoor-- Win 7 x64, 256 gb ssd, 16 gb ram, 6-cell
    q552 -- Win7 x32, 2 gb ram, outdoor slate for work

Owned: Motion le1600 VA, le1700/ VA/ UVA, and j3400, Lenovo X200t Superbright, x200t/ x201t Superbright Outdoor, Fujitsu t5010, t902

Outdoor Viewable Screens- Comparison Thread with Pics

Thread Information