Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 25

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Surface Pro is tempting, but it will be a lot more expensive, will be 50 percent heavier, and will have shorter battery life. Of course it will be more powerful, but for casual annotation I don't really need that. I'm still hoping that the TPT2 will come out in the US in the coming three weeks. MS Store still lists 'estimated ship date' as 12/31/2012, so that doesn't look too great. What a stock tease.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Surface Pro is tempting, but it will be a lot more expensive, will be 50 percent heavier, and will have shorter battery life.
    And a fan - don't forget the fan. At this point, I will either give into temptation and get a Clover Trail Atom, or possibly, just possibly, be able to hold out for the arrival of Haswell...

Scribbler - Standard Member

No, no, no, no, everyone must hold out for it, they must, it is going to be "awesome". I know it will runs a slower processor, but I think the additional features make up for it.

Weight, stylus, battery power, and of course, it is a "Thinkpad".

Come on, don't jump ship, the supplies are on the way, we will survive.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by curtissh View Post
    I swear to Christ, if this machine isn't released soon, I'm going to start murdering kittens. Lenovo, you don't want to have kitten blood on your hands, do you?

In truth, though, I don't understand why Samsung can push the 500T with few problems, but Lenovo can't release the TPT2. All this talk about power management doesn't make any sense if Samsung already has a product to market that's managing power fine.

The only thing that makes me think Lenovo's not just screwing the pooch, and probably getting screwed themselves, is that nobody wants to miss the holiday selling season. There's got to be something pretty wrong to push the release date out to December.
    Well Lenovo have lots of other computer to sell for the Holiday season. It could simply be they want to clear stock of the old Windows 7 devices before releasing the TPT2

Pen Pro - Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLinga View Post
    Well Lenovo have lots of other computer to sell for the Holiday season. It could simply be they want to clear stock of the old Windows 7 devices before releasing the TPT2
    That may be so, but none of the other models interest me. I'm torn between the TPT2, the HP Envy X2 or the Samsung 500T. The latter may be plasticky and cheap-looking, but at least I can buy it NOW...

If we are gonna go there, I am actually torn between a AR-15 (M4 Variant) for the Zombie Apocalypse and the TPT2 for fun. Not sure which is more imporant.

OH, DANG, THANKS ALOT, I had to research the HP Envy X2, " I like it"

HP ENVY x2 Overview - Laptop Tablet with Windows 8 | HP Official Site | HP

I was just thinking, too, I am about to get a convertible Dell Tablet (Latitude XT3) from my Govt. Job, for work/home use. I plan to dual boot it, Win 7 / Win 8 and use Win 8 for personal use. (I am the computer assistant and make the PC/Notebook Images). I might pass on the TPT2,

Naaaaa, I am gonna get it.
    Last edited by EspiOne; 11-20-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Wait and Hope.

THINKPAD X301 | ASUS Note 8 | NOKIA 928

(x) / fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsky View Post
    If the keyboard-dock uses Bluetooth, wouldn't that drain the battery faster than a keyboard-dock with connectors? That keyboard is pretty lame compared to the one made for the Ativ. But the TPT2 ships with Win8 Pro, which suggests it will provide downgrade rights to Win7. So I might have to tolerate its lame keyboard....Well, I use keyboards so rarely that it would probably be ok.
    Hi! I'm a Tablet PC and I'm not a goddamn toy.
    HP TM2 | HP TC1100 | Galaxy Note 3 Neo

WPrime/WEI Benchmark thread for Tablet PCs:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hard...ablet-pcs.html

Thread Information