Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo - Page 24

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Pen Pro - Senior Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    The Microsoft Store is listing the comparable TPT2 for $699 with pen/digitizer. That's a $100 lift compared to the 500T. I don't know where you got $800 from, even the MSRP for the comparable model is $749. Also, it's very possible the TPT2 will come with standard with GPS as well, another bonus.

I don't disagree that the keyboard dock is a trade-off though. The launch of these products seems to be nothing but trade-offs. However, my problems with the 500T are two fold. First, it's cheap Samsung plastic. I didn't think this was a knock until I picked it up in the store. Flexing and creaking galore. I have to assume that the TPT2 will have a much better build quality which is worth at least $100 more. Second, 11.6" is just too big. It's absolute smallest size for a proper keyboard dock however, which is why the TPT2 has the smaller, crappier dock.

The best part about the 500T is that you can, you know, actually purchase one.
    I thought I had read Ina couple of places that it was 699 without the stylus and only basic windows, but if it includes those at that price then that's great. Still, $149 is nice to have for other things as I'm not convinced the Atom tablets are worth over $600. I like the 500t, it doesn't feel cheap or flimsy at all to me, and it will be inside a case all the time. As for the 11.6 screen you are right for portability, but I don't lug around my tablets anymore, preferring to pocket my nexus 7. I'm still excited to check out the Tpt2 though whenever it gets released.

Scribbler - Standard Member

Default Re: Lenovo Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2 - Tablet + dockable Keyboard Combo

Quote Originally Posted by adz7777 View Post
    It must be that Lenovo doesn't have confidence it can supply the number necessary for the larger markets. They have essentially made this a soft launch of the device in Australia and New Zealand, which must be fairly small markets with only quite limited numbers of orders for the device.

Quote Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
    I thought I had read Ina couple of places that it was 699 without the stylus and only basic windows, but if it includes those at that price then that's great. Still, $149 is nice to have for other things as I'm not convinced the Atom tablets are worth over $600. I like the 500t, it doesn't feel cheap or flimsy at all to me, and it will be inside a case all the time. As for the 11.6 screen you are right for portability, but I don't lug around my tablets anymore, preferring to pocket my nexus 7. I'm still excited to check out the Tpt2 though whenever it gets released.
    I'm hoping the TPT2 fits the sweet spot in portability for me. Right now I carry around a S7S all day, I find it essential for writing notes and having reference material always with me. For consuming content I have tried an iPad Mini, which has a really nice form factor to relax with. I'm hoping the 10.1 inch TPT2 allows me to compress the two devices into one. It should be small enough to be comfortable as a content consumption tool but also a good size for writing or small amounts of typing.

If it ever turns up.

Pen Pal - Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ecoeco View Post
    I'm hoping the TPT2...
    If it ever turns up.
    Nope.
    I've been waiting since long before the October launch which never happened , and now still the release date gets put off again and again.
    If the pw mgmt problems related to MS and Intel are true, then is Lenovo gonna wait til they settle these and update the firmware on every TPT2 that's been manufactured before shipping them? I don't think so
    Man, I could really make that video ft Hi*tler ranting about waiting for TPT2

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiegosd View Post
    If the pw mgmt problems related to MS and Intel are true, then is Lenovo gonna wait til they settle these and update the firmware on every TPT2 that's been manufactured before shipping them?
    I know that the Atom Z2760 powered Samsung tablet I got from Staples had really good battery life, very iPad-like. I didn't do any specific tests but it seemed to last just as long as any of the iPads I've owned. It did however need me to go to Samsung's website and reinstall the video drivers as the screen had a flickering issue out of the box. Also, even after those updates the light sensor would cause an annoying and abrupt change in the screens brightness which I solved by turning off the auto-brightness feature. These issues were very minor and I really liked the device overall. My opinion is that an 11.6" tablet feels a bit to wide when held in hands. However, if it were not for a dead pixel on the screen, it would've been a little harder of a decision to make regarding returning it.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

I swear to Christ, if this machine isn't released soon, I'm going to start murdering kittens. Lenovo, you don't want to have kitten blood on your hands, do you?

In truth, though, I don't understand why Samsung can push the 500T with few problems, but Lenovo can't release the TPT2. All this talk about power management doesn't make any sense if Samsung already has a product to market that's managing power fine.

The only thing that makes me think Lenovo's not just screwing the pooch, and probably getting screwed themselves, is that nobody wants to miss the holiday selling season. There's got to be something pretty wrong to push the release date out to December.

Personally, I had a large election for the TPT2 and like some old girlfriend, they get you going, then you hit the brakes. I don't plan to move to another tablet, as I know I will disappointed. I will just wait until, like some old girlfriend, she calls me when she is ready, because I really want her, I meant it, (that come out wrong too), the TPT2. I can wait.

Pen Pro - Senior Member

"she calls me when she is ready" - Or she'll call after I've written all over her with my stylus!

Sorry.. couldn't help it

Moving on....
    Owned: TC1100, Tosh M400/M750, HP TC4200/TC4400, Fujitsu Tab, Latitude XT/XT2, Acer 1820ptz, Archos9, SamsungQ1u, Sony VGN-UX1XN, Viewsonic 10, Asus R2h, HP 2740p, HP TM2-1050ea, Asus EP121, HP TM2-2050ea, 2xAcer W500, 3xSamsung 7, Dell Lat ST, Lenovo X220, 2xHP 2760p, HP Slate 2, CL900, 2xAtiv 500t, Surface RT+Pro, Dell Lat10, Surface Pro 2, Acer W3, HP Split 13 x2, Sams Ativ tab 3, Lenovo Yoga 11 (Orange!), MS SPro 1 again and now... Surface Pro 2 512GB. I like tablets!

Pen Pro - Senior Member

At this point, the TPT2 is coming out so close to the Surface Pro that I will opt for the latter!

Thread Information